“Such a romantic place!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterside Restaurant and Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hawthorne,NJ
“Such a romantic place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I have been going here for our anniversary for the last few years and just love it! The views are unbelievable and the food is delicious! The corn/avocado salad is my favorite! The staff is great and always ready to please. The prices are a bit high but worth it for a special occasion.

• Visited July 2011

Staten Island, New York
“Great Way to start the New Year!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Superb View! Excellent Cuisine! The appetizers are to die for! Calamari is my favorite!
They even have wines priced reasonably...Proseco is a favorite of mine. Wait staff has always been courteous...Quickly becoming one of my favorite New Jersey dining places!

• Visited January 2012
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
“Great View-Old School Brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We went for their brunch with 2 other couples. The view, as many have stated before,is very dramatic. Having said that, there is little else good to say about your dining experience except that our waitstaff did a very nice job clearing plates,filling water glasses etc. The food was very ordinary and obviously seasoned to the lowest common denominator. If you can get past the food-an odd thing to say about a restaurant- you will probably have a good time.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Stay Away from these people!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I wish there was a 0 rating because their unprofessionalism is at a -1. Where do I begin.. First they double booked our wedding date! I had called and asked if the day was available and they said it was tentatively on hold for someone else. I told them I was very interested and if the other person cancelled for any reason to let me know as I was set on my date. They called me back within minutes and told me the couple had cancelled and I set an appointment to come in. All I wanted was a venue with a view, I wasn't too concerned with anything else other than the food being good. The layout is not that great, small rooms and they definitely don't make for a grand entrance. The food is just ok, nothing great. Anyway after going in to sign the contract and put deposit they tell us they double booked us and that the original couple never cancelled. I was livid and they urged us to change our date and they would compensate for the mistake, they made me an offer I could not refuse and I took it. Not surprisingly, after they thought I had switched everything over (which I hadn't I just was willing to) they tried changing their tune and basically backing me into a corner and giving me pennies less on the original price. Their antics are DISGUSTING! You barely get anything on the wedding menu, just compare it to any other local place. And the "bridal suite" is a closet! I am not joking, my sister and I were waiting for another door to be opened, three people fit in it and it is filthy. Good luck to anyone who has a wedding there but it is not all it's cracked up to be and they run their business like con artists!

• Visited November 2011
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
“My Husband's surprise birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had my husband's surprise birthday at Waterside. I must say it was excellent. We had dinner with about 30 of our closest friends and family. We had a pre fix dinner with open bar. The service was great, our waiter really took good care of us. There was a Maitre D running the birthday party and they had set up all the things I had wanted on the tables just as I had specified. The hostess, manager, staff were great to work with. Also they had a DJ there which was great because after dinner we all went by the bar and continued our night. I can certaintly say they outdid themselves. I am going to start planning my next party but this time I want to do it in one of their catering halls upstairs.
Love the Waterside!