“Excellent Soup, the Best Crab Sandwich” 5 of 5 stars

3626 Route 35 North, Normandy Beach, NJ
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Westfield, New Jersey
“Excellent Soup, the Best Crab Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Was there yesterday for the first time. Loved it! Going back again today to pick up lunch for my friends and family.

The Spicy Crab soup is superb, and the Crab Burger my wife had was made fresh in front of us, and she referenced it as the best crab sandwich she has ever had.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
glen rock, nj
“Bait and Switch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Three of us went for dinner August 14, 2013. It cost us over $60. The lobster roll was $16.95 for filler and 1/2 a lobster claw on a burnt hot dog roll. A lobster roll should be just that, lobster and mayo and nothing else. I had the crab mac and cheese which was tasty, but contained crab sticks (pollack) and not real crab for I think $13.95. We asked what type of fish they used for the blackened fish entree, none of us recognized the fish. The person at the register said it was like cod, the other man said it was like flounder. My salad was $8.95 for just lettuce and 1/2 tomato. This is the Jersey Shore where fresh fish abounds in Point Pleasant. If you can't serve the real thing, don't have it on the menu.

Visited August 2013
“Menu is misleading”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I live in the area and this restaurant opened in 2012 and was excellent. I hadn't had a chance to stop this summer yet but tonight I had a craving for their crab Mac n cheese. I had this item no less than 10 times a year ago at it was excellent.

Unfortunately they replaced the real snow crab with fake crab, the cavatappi pasta with Bowie and the real cheese with fake cheese sauce.

Absolutely terrible and big disappointment from a year ago

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rick L, Owner at Crabby Rick's Shore Shack, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I understand , I offered to refund your money on the spot , but it is the same recipe from last year , and the cheese was real .....please come by again so that I can make it up to you !
Tenafly, NJ
“Delicious and laid back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our first trip we all had crab cake sandwich. On the return, I had the cod fish sandwich; we love the food and the fact you can BYOB; its the perfect combination, in our opinion, of good food and a laid back atmosphere!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lavallette, New Jersey
“You should stop on your way up Rt 35!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Enjoyed a Lobster Roll, but definitely not the New England-y type I expected. A fresh toasted long roll and more of a lobster salad than chunk lobster. That said, I'll enjoy one again! The Spicy Crab Soup was very good, full of crabmeat. Crab cake sandwich was tasty, the sauce was good. I was surprised that the crab wasn't "all jumbo lump" as the menu reads, but it was real crab and flavorful. Best of the place is it's location and feeling of really being at the shore - and I live at the shore so it was fun to get that feeling away from home! Some of the cook staff and owner were actively visiting tables, and made for a friendly experience. I'll go again!

• Visited May 2013