“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Franklinville, New Jersey
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Nice sitting out on the patio by the lake. Overpriced and the service is ususally slow. You should go before you get hungry, that way by the time your food comes out, you're starving.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sewell, New Jersey
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Enjoyed a dinner at the Lake House. Only waited 15 minutes on a Saturday, but not a problem because they had 2 bars you could choose to have a drink while waiting. Sat outside on the nice multi-tiered patio. Food was very good - we wound up having the buffalo shrimp as an app (highly recommend), I had the bacon wrapped chicken parm, and she had the shrim/steak/chicken kabobs. When done, we enjoyed a drink on the lower level of the patio with the multiple fire pits

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Great Service, lousy dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and I had dinner here Saturday night. We sat on the patio which has a nice view of the lake. A few steps down, there are fire pits to eat by which was really cool. We were disappointed in our meals. I had the stir fry with steak. The menu reads crisp vegetables but that's not the case. I even ordered the sauce on the side. The steak was terrible. It tasted like the cheapest unseasoned chuck steak. My daughter ordered the chicken parm rapped in bacon. She did not have any complaints other than the bacon was unnecessary and it was an average meal. Nothing she would order again from there. My granddaughter ordered the cheeseburger kids meal. The burger was average, french fries were awful but her ice cream was fantastic! :)

I will definitely return but our selections will be from the sandwich menu as the table near us ordered cheese steaks that looked awesome!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridgeton, New Jersey
“Dinner With A View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Picture a small lake in the southern Jersey countryside and add a very nice restaurant at waters edge. Put in a deck out back with several levels of table and chairs and add a few adirondack chairs for patrons enjoy a drink while waiting for their dinner table. Add a musical group on the terrace during the summer months and you have The Lake House. Cuisine : American. Dinner, happy hour and drink menus. We were 2 couples, who ordered tai ni shrimp and nacho appetizers which we shared. Excellent and plenty for all 4 of us. We then had French Onion soup, and seafood bisque soup to start the meal. Thumbs up on both items. I ate the seafood macaroni and cheese, my husband, the Combination platter with bruscetta topping, the other couple in our party had prime rib and teriyaki salmon. Everything was cooked to our liking and presented very nicely. No room for dessert. The restaurant was jammed when we got there so we waited quite a while for our dinner. Our server was very attentive and apologetic about the wait. We were not in a hurry so we enjoyed the music and the lakeview from our porchside diningroom table. If you arriveat primetime, 6-8 PM be prepared to sit and look at a beautiful sunset over a lake and watch the dragonflies buzz by and maybe even see a fish jumping in the water. A real winner... relax and enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Quiet Lunch, beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant quite a bit but i have never reviewed it. The owner and staff always make the visits memorable with great ambiance both inside and out and the lake on a cooler summer day is just perfect. For you Oenophiles, the wine selection is one of the best around with absolutely great chaoices abounding. As for the food, it's just great everytime we go. This time was a lunch and my wife had the quesedilas which she said were one of the best she ever had (and she's been to Mexico several times). I had the crab-cake salad w/mango and it was one of the best. Couplke that with two great glasses on wine and it rated top-notch.

• 5 of 5 stars Food