“Horrible property. Run down and well overdue for some renovation.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Hartford, Connecticut
“Horrible property. Run down and well overdue for some renovation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Simply run down. Worst hotel that I have stayed at in decades. Even the shuttle bus was run down. The staff were courteous.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is an airport hotel and it makes no pretense that it is otherwise. It is well used by air travelers and airline crew. It shows its age, but we found it clean and comfortable. There were some minor inconveniences such as no soap dish in the tub/shower; minimal bathroom counter space so if there is more than one person staying in the room, it can be difficult since one has to move the personal items out in order for the other to use it to shower and shave or whatever needs to be done in the bathroom. Our bed was firm but comfortable. Housekeeping did an okay job overall. We stayed here for five nights as its location worked for us, so it could not have been awful.

ALERT: If you are driving and you have not been to this hotel before, it is very frustrating to find it even if you are using a GPS. Be patient and do not assume it is close to other hotels even though the GPS says, "You have arrived at your destination." Keep driving and stay in the left lane and keep moving over left three times. Then exit right and go to the Wyndham entrance, which is not easy to see until you are on it.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

the handle on the shower came off and the bed felt like you were leaning. the hotel was not worth the price based on the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

gardenhotelnewark, Webmaster at Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting. I’m sorry that two different maintenance issues detracted from your stay. We depend on guests to tell us about things that are wrong so we can correct them. We take real pride in this hotel and will do better for you when you stay with us again. Nothing is more important to us than a great guest experience.

Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First impression walking in was ok. The room was very clean and tidy upon arrival. The bed however is HARD as a rock if that's how you like your bed then you have hit the jackpot. Now we got in late because we came from DC and there was quite a bit of traffic so when we saw that they had a restaurant on site we were pretty happy we didn't have to do more driving .There was a very friendly guy who was helping people get on to a tour of the city on a new tour bus company. He also helped with information about the city even though we didn't want the tour ...good place close to the city to stay .

Starlight Restaurant .......where to begin......Larry whom I was told was the manager,RUDE ,BAD ATTITUDE.SHOULD NOT BE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY KIND .... We came down and he is who sat us he didn't greet us in fact he didn't say anything to us just grabbed two menus and dropped them on the table and walked off. Then the waiter (manny) was his name I think came over who was a bit more friendly we ordered our drinks and an appetizer they came out with in about 10 minutes ,which was no big deal sense we were 1 of 2 tables in the restaurant.
As we were eating we noticed that something kept flying around but we couldn't tell what it was so we brushed it off. Then we ordered our meal 25-30 minutes later our meal came out as we are eating we noticed that there were a ton of fruit flies all around us ,called the waiter over to complain about it and the first thing out of his mouth was "oh I know about the little flies but there is nothing I can do if the owner don't want to spend the money,I have been telling him for weeks now " I was shocked.so for about 5 minutes I just sat there appalled and the whole time there are flies all over my food landing on it and everything,the waiter goes and get good ole Larry who comes over with the biggest attitude I have ever encountered. He says I don't know what you want me to do they are coming from the trees outside I can't stop it what do you not want to pay for the food ...now I'm mad I said let me ask you a question do you eat fruit flies with your meals on a regular basis? Seriously you are a JERK just get me the bill ... NEVER comes back so after 15 minutes of waiting I said to the waiter is he coming back with the bill or what ....he said oh he took care of it thought you knew that ... How would I know that you people don't communicate with your customers... And I would have gladly paid for my meal as I had been paying for 3 meals a day for the last 3 days ..I DO NOT RECOMMEND EATING AT THIS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE establishment EVER !!! Until they get we workers and take care of the fruit flies!!!

Stayed May 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting. I’m sorry that the bed wasn’t to your liking, you found the restaurant unacceptable and we failed you in other ways. Our goal is to provide the best possible guest experience, and we clearly let you down. We’re working to make the hotel better all the time, however, and we’ll do better for you next time. I apologize to you once again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here our last day of our vacation. I loved our room, it was very clean and comfortable.

Our stay here began with the two gentlemen at the check in counter, both were very friendly and helpful. Excellent customer service. I explained that I need rest and quiet, and yes I can be hard to please, they gave me a very nice room on the 5th floor far away from any possible noise from other guest coming in and out of elevators/rooms etc.

My room was spacious, clean, free of any smells or odors that some rooms can get from other guests or just not being used.

The king sized bed was wonderful. At first I thought it may be a little too firm for my taste. Boy was I wrong. I had the most amazing rest/sleep.

The bathtub was nice, I soaked in it for quite a while, enjoying the peace and quite. The towels, wash clothes, floor mat were all crisp and new. Very nice sized for a hotel.

The TV was a large flat screen with HD cable. A must for now days.

Wifi was free and easy to connect to.

My only complaints with this stay was the lack of laundry service. There are laundry facilities for use, but it would have been a time saver for me if there was service provided. And the ice machine was broken, I had to go to the 4th floor for ice. That was a little bit of a put out.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting. I’m glad that you had such a pleasant experience here and hope you will be staying with us many times in the future. I apologize that the ice machine on your floor was temporarily out of order and that we don’t provide laundry service. We’ll consider adding this service as we change and improve. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience, and I’m glad you were satisfied overall.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I experienced the pleasure of having my flight cancelled at Newark airport. United airlines booked me at the Wyndham Gardens as my next flight was to depart the next day.
The shuttle arrived after more then an hour, arriving to the hotel after midnight. When I asked the front desk why did it take so long for the shuttle to arrive, I was told that they have only one driver.

Taking the elevator to my room was no fun either: the hallway carpet was dirty and you could hear people talking very loud as you walked by their rooms.

The cleaning situation inside the room matched the hallway experience:
- the bathroom towels, once used to be white, had an off-white color
- the coverlet on the bed had some potato chips crumbs from the previous guest
- the carpet was not properly vacuumed

Just because the hotel was free for me doesn't mean I should have to live with an unclean room. And those people that have to pay to stay at this establishment certainly shouldn't.
Finally, to the management: train your cleaning crew and run your shuttle more often. It will benefit everybody.

Bottom line: it's near the airport and its dirty.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!