“Stinks” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Newark
Bakersfield, Ca
“Stinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When I called to find out if they had a free continental breakfast they said yes and gave me the time. That made their prices cheaper. When I got there I found out you can buy a "continental style breakfast" at the restaurant. There is not a free continental breakfast. Their prices for their 24 hour sandwich kiosk were excessive. I hate it when people just outright lie to me.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked this as part of a group booking prior to cruise from NYC. Booking was not easy.Phone messages were not replied to and when we eventually got a confirmation it was for Phoenix not Newark and we had to contact Wyndham's again.We therefore decided not to use this hotel post cruise. The hotel is isolated and can only accessed by car or shuttle.It takes about one and a half hours to get into NYC.We had a non-smoking room but the air conditioning sent the smell of smoking into the room. Quiet, so slept well and food OK

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Juneau, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Wyndham Garden for two separate nights on my way in and out through Newark Airport. Both of my rooms were clean and comfortable with up-to-date furnishings. The front desk staff were helpful and the shuttles ran on a timely schedule, even in the wee hours of the morning! I would be happy to stay here again in the future.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
gardenhotelnewark, Webmaster at Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your nice comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your two stays with us and hope that you will indeed stay with us again soon. We take pride in our friendly staff and in providing services and amenities that improve the quality of guest stays. Nothing is more important to us than a pleasant guest experience.

Pinole, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Never again will we use either this hotel or Newark Airport. It's located in the middle of an industrial wasteland. It is noisy outside next to major freeway interchanges & noisy inside with large special events. It has barely edible food at its "restaurant." The best food & coffee is at the bar for pickup snacks in the lobby. It's old & tired. The pool closes much too early on hot humid days. The shuttle drivers seem unaware of passengers who are not yet seated as they gun the rattling cage into action.

Room Tip: Ask for quieter room near the pool. The pool noise is actually less the industrial & freeway no...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to leave feedback. I’m sorry that you didn’t have a pleasant experience with us. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience, and we’re always working to maintain and improve our hotel. While you may find the airport itself or our neighborhood lacking, we take pride in the things that are under our control and regret that we couldn’t satisfy you more fully.

PHOENIX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For the last 5 years, I've taken an european trip in the fall. I fly from Phoenix to Newark, spend the night and fly out the next day and do the same on the return from my trip. This year was disappointing in that neither my room mate nor I were able to take hot showers @ night or in the morning. The water was tepid at best. There was a big crack in the sink with white paint attempting to cover it.The food at the cafe was fine, but the aoccomodations were not so good. Rosalie Welty

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I regret that our hot water wasn’t hot enough for you. I also apologize that we failed to meet your expectations in other ways. We’re always working to make this hotel better and to enhance the guest experience, and I hope you’ll make us your first choice for next year’s trip. We promise that the experience here improves with each passing day.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our room could have used a little dusting. There appeared to be a layer of dust on all of the furniture, which I promptly began to write my initials in. There was also a large, unsightly stain on the carpet -- have no idea what it was.

My biggest issue, however, was the room service process: You order service, and if paying by credit card, the server takes your physical card back to the kitchen and out of your sight! My card was out of my possession for about 15 minutes, and I began calling the kitchen to find out what happened to the person who took my card! In these days and times, this is a ludicrous process -- why not have card swipers at the point of sale? Since returning home, I've constantly checked my bank statement to ensure there has been no unauthorized use of my card. In the day and age of identity theft, this process is just asking for problems. Very bad process, and one that the customer does not know about until it's time to pay for the delivered food. If I wanted to lose control of my credit card, I'd leave it in the middle of the lobby floor and let everyone have a turn with it. And, to put the icing on the cake, the food wasn't even that tasty; the reuben sandwich had one piece of corned beef on it that you needed a magnifying glass to even see. I've been to more pleasant Wyndhams -- hopefully, this one was an anomaly.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that the room and the room service food didn’t meet your expectations. I also apologize that our carefully controlled credit card handling process caused you needless concern. We take pride in our security procedures and also in providing the best possible guest experience in every way. Despite our confidence in our processes, we’re always changing and improving.

Hotel Manager

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!