“Great for just a one nighter.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Newark
NW England
“Great for just a one nighter.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark
Stayed because of its location to the airport and was staying only for one night before catching a cruise ship from Bayonne.
A free shuttle from the airport arrived quickly and within ten minutes we were at the hotel. Check in is at 3pm and as we were there at 1:30 pm expected to be told to wait. This didn't happen, they man at the counter was more than happy to allow us the room as It was ready. (Good customer service there I think?)
The entrance was typical, open and spacious with access to the bar, gift shop and a small refreshment kiosk.
The room was nice, clean with what appeared to be a newly refitted bathroom.
The bed was large and fairly comfortable with crisp bedding.
Not being able to decide what to eat for the evening we decide to use one of the take away menus from the reception counter to a local Chinese restaurant
WARNING! DO NOT USE A TAKE AWAY CALLED 'GOOD FRIEND' review to follow!
Back to the Wyndham, all in all a nice one nighter place to stay, with good helpful staff and good beer in the bar.
This place already exhibits proudly a Trip Advisor plaque so plenty must think it's ok as well as me.
Would I return? Most certainly if I was here for the same reasons as this trip.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Don S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
I appreciate you taking the time to send in a response. I am glad that you were pleased with your overall stay. I will make sure to share your comments with all of my staff. We will look into the Chinese restaurant you ordered from to check there quality. Thank for staying with s and we hope to see you again in the future.

Don Sheneman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Renton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel service is great O_O. Location - not so much! Being located 15 min walk away from Newark Aiport Link station, you still have to take the complimentary hotel shuttle to P4 station, then take AirTran to the Newark LLink Station... Too much husstle. I'm giving this hotel a 3 due to their incompetent staff. The manager on duty tried to convince us that our reservation expired! We booked it through TripAdvisor and somehow it wasn't showing in their system. After sending him (!!!) a confirmation email, he finally said that he has a room for us... YAY! Although we booked it 1.5 months ahead... anywho... The room was alright. First floor. It was cold and later I found that there was an air leak or a crack on the floor under the air conditioner. One great thing I would say is that their cleaning lady is on point! And the front desk buffet - NOT IMPRESSED! After being interrogated by the front desk manager and long flight we were hungry. The buffet offered a turkey sandwich which consisted of a french roll bun. One leaf of lettuce. Half tomato and one skinny oiece of cheese = $$$ 7.50!!! All in all. We had a room to sleep in.

• Stayed September 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to post some of your concerns about your stay with us. I am sorry that there was a mix-up with your reservation. I would agree that my manager on duty could have handled the situation better. I was glad to see that your were pleased with our housekeeping department. I will make sure all of my staff see your review, especially the food and beverage dept. We need to make sure we maintain a high level of quality and value to our prepared sandwiches. I hope that you would give us another opportunity in the future to satisfy your hotel needs.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for one night - and that's more than enough. Where to start? The common arare run down and in need of refurbishment. The rooms themselves are run down, in need of refurbishment, damp, and dark. At least in my room, the a/c was louder than the planes outside the window. That's unnecessary, and easily fixed. But obviously, the management doesn't care.

The only good I can say about this place is that the staff is friendly. Otherwise, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We use all of the comments in a constructive way to improve our hotel. Our lobby/ public space is a bit tired, but clean, we are having that entire area renovated in December. We are a busy airport hotel and on occasion some of the planes fly directly over the hotel. We are in the process of doing work on all of the sliding glass doors in the rooms to achieve a higher level of noise prevention. I hope that you might reconsider and try using us again in the future.

Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm a traveling professional and have been staying in hotels for 30 years. This hotel in EWR is excellent. I have stayed every week in the month of September. Jose and Ivette at the front desk are helpful, prompt and handle all requests flawlessly. Romeo in customer service can answer all your questions about the surrounding area and he's always very helpful. The rooms are quiet , clean, and updated. When I check out in the morning at 430 the coffee shop is open with Espresso ready to go. Overall I would highly recommend staying at this hotel when you are in EWR.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the very nice comments about our hotel and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and others of your pleasant stay. We celebrate comments like yours and I will make sure to share it with all of our staff. We hope to see you a gain in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for one night before a flight. The best thing was getting the Stay and Park package which gave me the room and 14 days of parking. That is worth it. The hotel is nothing special, it needs a good cleaning and renovation. It is tired. The staff is very nice and friendly. No complaints. The shuttle runs about every 1/2 hour. The Internet does not work well in the rooms. It is OK in the lobby. When I called (3 times) to say it was not working in the room they said it was me because it was working in the lobby. Dah, yes it worked in the lobby, but my room was not in the lobby. They did not get it

It is difficult to get to off of Route 1 coming from the South.

I would not stay for more than just the one night, but good for that.

Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was filthy; the air conditioning didn't work; and the shower didn't work (the shower head was broken). My wife is still having nightmares from staying there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Newburgh, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The premise of the hotel's ride and drive program is that you pay about $50 extra and you get to park there for up to 14 days. That necessitates that the shuttle picks you up expeditously (every 30 minutes is promised). Well last night, we called from Chicago to ensure that the shuttle was working and was assured it was. We arrived at Newark at midnight at P4, the pickup point. By 12:45, every hotel in Newark had arrived twice and still no Wyndham. Called and no one picked up the phone!!!!!! Every extension suddenly was not responsive. Hung up and retried and still the same non-response. We finally had to get another hotel to take us over ( us two and two other hotel guests).

Beyond this, breakfast is not included and there is only one restaurant available.

The gym was a joke. The elliptical machine squeaked horribly and both treadmills malfunctioned. One would not read because it had no heart monitor; the other would not read heart rate.

Lastly, the bed was a rock.

Want to go back - not in my lifetime.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Don S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I appreciate you taking the time to send in a review. I apologize about the problem with the van. Due to the time of day, I was not aware of the problem, I have no excuses for what happened, I assure you I will investigate to find out what happened . I will also look into your comments about our exercise facility , your comments are the first I have heard of these issues.
Our goal for all of our goals is to provide them with a pleasant, stress free, comfortable stay and it looks as though we did not accomplish this with you. We will use your comments as constructively and share them with all of the departments, in hopes of avoiding this shortfalls of service in the future.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!