“All about the Staff: Service - Hospitality - Warmth - Humor - accommodating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Newark
San Francisco
“All about the Staff: Service - Hospitality - Warmth - Humor - accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My stay was great on all counts, however, on my way out was where it became exceptional.

As I was leaving, I became stranded in the hotel lobby for hours when my scheduled transportation failed to materialize.

Jennifer and Terri made every accommodation to make my very long wait much more than tolerable - actually enjoyable, with Terry even singing a pitch perfect Al Green impression!

Stranded with a dead iPhone, and a lost power adaptor, I was unable to work my way out of my situation. Witnessing my predicament, Jennifer offered me her charger to get my phone back up - allowing me the ability to make other transportation plans.

While I waited for my phone to regain connectivity, Jennifer made calls on my behalf from the house phone until mine was up again. She also was very charming with a great, and witty, sense of humor - and yes, I did develop a bit of a crush on her by time I was able to leave with my ride :-)

The whole time Jennifer and Terri were exceptionally kind and doting around my every need - and, as I witnessed their interactions with other guest, their patience, grace and warmth were evident throughout every guest contact. They we not just "being" nice - they were genuinely caring for each individual.

if I were a local resident of Newark, I would poach both of those gracious ladies away from the Wyndham to work with my clients - and I can promise you my client loyalty would double within a month!

My hats off to you amazingly ladies!

Johnny Miano

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Nyack, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I booked for a Park,Sleep, Fly room with 14 days parking. Got to the hotel they said it was not booked properly by GetARoom.com and it was for a regular room only. I asked manager if he could help correct the situation. He said no but I could pay 25.00 per day for parking at the hotel plus the 131.00 I already paid. That would have added $350.00 on to the bill to total a one night stay plus parking to $481.00. I sad I would like to cancel the room. He said, NO go back to get a room. I went out in the parking lot and called get a room from my cell phone, they tried for over 15 minutes to work something out. They said the hotel was completely un cooperative and there was nothing else left to do but dispute the charge. I left got a room at Country Inn and Suites by the airport paid 140.00 for the room and 14 days of parking with no problem. I suggest you use them instead. They were took a nightmare and made my evening my better. Just received a notice from get a room .com that the Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport continues to refuse to refund the money. I have disputed the bill with American Express.

Can only imaging what the hotel service is like if the front desk treats there customers in this manner.

Room Tip: Use Country Inn and Suites by the Newark Airport for Park, Sleep Fly instead much better customer re...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

First time to stay near Newark airport and overall was good. We waited quite long for the free shuttle in the airport. The restaurant has various options.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was on business in New Jersey and stayed at another Wyndham property for work. On my way out I became stranded at the airport because of my flight cancelling. From my past experiences with the Wyndham brands, I chose to stay at Wyndham Garden and the stay was just amazing. Not only were the front desk agents friendly but they were extremely efficient. This may not be the most updated property at Newark Airport but for the price, it definitely was above and beyond. The rooms were more than sufficient considering I just needed a place to rest.

Thanks Wyndham Garden!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was actually my second home for a while because my old place's lease ran out and I was still waiting for the dumb bank to close on my apt.

It's a bit more pricey but still cheaper than NYC. This is actually an upgrade from the Red Roof Inn in Edison which is half the price. But after seeing an actual bed bug from Red Roof Inn, I decided its not worth the price. Plus, here is much closer to the city and about 15 mins drive depending on traffic.

The hallways are quite drab and depressing but the rooms are not too bad. The only thing I hate are the cable channels. No ESPN or CNN but they have that at the bar.

The bar is great and a good hang out. You meet all sorts of people as some are just there to wait for their connecting flights. I eat here most of the time because its so convenient and bartender Eric is quite a character.

I actually enjoyed staying here so much I decided to stay an extra week after my apt have already closed. But I'll miss this place and it was fun while it lasted.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!