“Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Newark
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights on a trip to New York. The room/bathroom were clean, and very modern. The mini fridge was also great. Staff was friendly. Plus, the restaurant downstairs had a lot of meal choices for very reasonable prices. I would defineatly suggest staying here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Older hotel but clean. Very convenient hotel shuttle with nice front desk clerks. No cost for shuttle to airport. Also , we were able to catch the Super Shuttle to the cruise port in Manhattan which was much more reasonable than a cab. The train is near by but a pain with a lot of luggage. Check with airport info station regarding Super Shuttle. Restaurant on premises was satisfactory. Also bar on premises. I would stay here again when traveling to NYC.

Room Tip: Higher floor and away from highway if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night (Thursday). I got the hotel shuttle from Newark Airport w/no problem; they are scheduled to come every 30 minutes. The shuttle arrived to the hotel's secure lot after a very short drive.
I found the front desk staff to be pleasant and accommodating and I was able to check in a few minutes early on a very busy day there.
The hotel lobby included a bar and restaurant; I did not try either. It also had a counter where you could order coffee, other drinks, breakfast items, and ready-made salads and sandwiches. The coffee was good and the bagels standard. Good service there. The lobby also had a small store
where you could get snacks, drinks, toiletries, gifts, etc. I was glad they had energy drinks there.
My room was on the 3rd floor. I did not hear any noise from the rooms above me or beside me during my stay.
I had a king room. It was quite small but for one person staying only a short time it was fine. The bathroom was very small. Basically if you wanted to have the door closed while you were using the toilet, you needed to shut the door first. There was little room to set down the toiletries. The towels were thin. They provided a nice assortment of shampoo, lotion, etc. The water pressure in the shower was good. I found the bathroom to be clean.
The room had a flat screen TV, no complaints there. They provided 2 bottles of water. The bed was comfy and I did not notice any dirt, bugs or other signs of uncleanliness.
My room overlooked a courtyard. You can definitely hear the planes flying overhead but that is what you get when you stay so close to the airport.
The Wifi in the room was free and easy to use, no problems there.
The business center and fitness center were located on the 2nd floor. I was able to use one of the computers free of charge in order to print my boarding pass, but if you want to use them for
pretty much any other reason, you have to pay for it.
The hotel really isn't near anything. The front desk staff suggested a particular cab service. It was prompt and I used it twice to get to/from downtown Newark, but it was expensive, so I suggest doing some research first.
The next morning I caught the shuttle back to the airport - again it departed on the half-hour. The driver did not ask where I was going so I ended up walking a bit to my airline.
Overall I would say that this is a fine hotel for the purposes of a short stay, and if I have a similar trip in the future, I would consider staying here again. I'd give it 3.5 stars instead of 3 stars if I could.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rincon,PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for 3 night's,waiting for a flight back home to the West side of Puerto Rico. We waited for about 10 minutes for the hotel van free, at Newark Airport-P4, Van driver very nice, check in fast & helpful. The hotel van will take you to the near by mall (No charge). OK food at the hotel, Great bar, with food (Ted) the bartender-Great! Nice size lobby, restaurant & bar to your left, as you walk in. We had a King size bed, flat screen TV, small bathroom, although everything you need. Desk top table, for working & Room Service. Free wireless Internet in room and lobby, slow at times (Middle of day). Gym on second floor-free. Smoking & Nonsmoking rooms. Front desk reception-Great! Thank you for a very nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!