You added Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Dover, Delaware
“ehh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at the Wyndham for a weekend tournament - the room looked nice but the walls are thin as paper and I could hear the people in the next room as well as the people coming and going downstairs as their luggage rolled on the sidewalk. The HVAC in the room was loud whenever it kicked in and ended up waiting over 45 mins in the restaurant downstairs for chicken wings. The staff were all very nice and the linens and beds were fresh - I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: stay away from the front of the building - you will hear people all night
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
managementewr, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your opinion, we apologize that we did not deliver a more memorable stay. We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have endured with the neighboring room or HVAC unit. I will route your concerns to the respective parties in maintenance to investigate and to make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Thank you!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Accommodations are great , with very comfortable beds and price is right, with 2 weeks of free parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank almanj3
Saint Albans, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I arrived at the hotel, right before Sandy hit and had a hard time finding it (well I should say getting there, I could see it, but not how to get in). I do not have a GPS and had to stop at a competitor to figure out how to access the hotel. I ended up in some questionable areas. Anyhow, once there I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. It looks dumpy from the outside but the lobby and my room were very nice. The rooms do not come equipped with fridges or microwaves and I had some things I needed to keep cold. I asked and they did deliver a fridge (I had to tip) but there was no good place to plug it in. (I was not able to heat it up) I have stayed in much less expensive places that did have that convienence. The other thing that surprised me was there was no complimentary breakfast. You had to pay $5 for a coffee and a muffin or pay in the restaurant. Those are my only complaints. The room was nice, great flatscreen, desk and chair, and good wifi. Bed was comfy and everything was clean. No airplane noise. Also the parking lot has an attendant so I felt safe. I could not figure out how to get back on turnpike so the very nice shuttle driver (I did not get his name, but it was the am of Sun 10/28) had me follow him and was very helpful!! They were gearing up for Sandy and had letters out for people checking in and they were very hectic but overall were very nice. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
BEST WESTERN Plus Newark Airport West
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!