“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Newark

951 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Accommodations are great , with very comfortable beds and price is right, with 2 weeks of free parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Saint Albans, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I arrived at the hotel, right before Sandy hit and had a hard time finding it (well I should say getting there, I could see it, but not how to get in). I do not have a GPS and had to stop at a competitor to figure out how to access the hotel. I ended up in some questionable areas. Anyhow, once there I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. It looks dumpy from the outside but the lobby and my room were very nice. The rooms do not come equipped with fridges or microwaves and I had some things I needed to keep cold. I asked and they did deliver a fridge (I had to tip) but there was no good place to plug it in. (I was not able to heat it up) I have stayed in much less expensive places that did have that convienence. The other thing that surprised me was there was no complimentary breakfast. You had to pay $5 for a coffee and a muffin or pay in the restaurant. Those are my only complaints. The room was nice, great flatscreen, desk and chair, and good wifi. Bed was comfy and everything was clean. No airplane noise. Also the parking lot has an attendant so I felt safe. I could not figure out how to get back on turnpike so the very nice shuttle driver (I did not get his name, but it was the am of Sun 10/28) had me follow him and was very helpful!! They were gearing up for Sandy and had letters out for people checking in and they were very hectic but overall were very nice. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport

Address: 550 US Hwy 9, Rt 1-9 S / I-78, Newark, NJ 07114
Location: United States > New Jersey > Newark
#2 Best Value Hotel in Newark
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport 3*
Choose the Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport Hotel for your next trip and enjoy the results of our $10 million renovation. Located directly across from Newark Liberty Int'l Airport, our convenient location is 15 miles from NYC, 5 minutes to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, NJ Performing Arts Center, Downtown Newark, and 12 miles to Meadowlands/Giants Stadium. We offer 349 well appointed spacious guestrooms, 3 richly decorated suites and 10,000 square feet of meeting/banquet space. Enjoy our top-of-the-line services and amenities including a newly renovated state of the art fitness center, business center, complimentary 24 hour shuttle service, 24 hour grab and go and more. Treat yourself to accommodations at the Wyndham Garden Newark Airport Hotel where our staff consistently strives to make your stay as comfortable and pleasurable as possible. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Wyndham, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Newark
Newark Wyndham

If you own or manage Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.