“OK hotel...HORRIBLE area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Park Place, Newark, NJ 07102 (Newark Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Newark
Toronto, Canada
“OK hotel...HORRIBLE area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel itself was actually very nice, and the rooms were spacious and clean. I really liked the fact that we had a safe in the room that you could program your own code, which made me feel comfortable about leaving my ID and passport in the room.

The continental breakfast was better than I expected, and I was surprised to find they offered hard boiled eggs and oatmeal, which offered a little bit more substance then the bagels. However if be sure to get to the breakfast early, it can get pretty busy and there is never anywhere to sit, but the staff does an OK job with keeping everything stocked.

The staff were friendly, they didn't offer exceptional service or anything, but at least they were polite.

Parking at the hotel was included which was nice since we drove there, but parking at the hotel is a NIGHTMARE, there is not a lot of parking available and the spaces are really tight and hard to get into (we got lucky and could see our car from our window)

the best part of the hotel was the shuttle, we took the shuttle every morning to the train station to take the train into the city (its like 2$ a ride) but I know it goes to the the airport as well. During the day that have more than one shuttle and we never had to wait when we left in the morning, when we returned in the evening all we had to do was call the hotel and they would send the shuttle over, we never had to wait more than 15 minutes. Beware however that the streets outside of the train station are a mess and you usually have to run into the middle of the road to catch the shuttle, it never pulls up directly to the building.

The worst part about the hotel however was the area! Newark is a very sketch area, and while the train station is only about a 10 minute walk from the hotel I wouldn't suggest it, especially at night. There isn't much in the way of shops in the area and the people in the neighborhood are a little on the rough side. because of there area there were times that I would see some unpleasant looking people hanging around withing the lobby but security was usually always around.

I would probably stay at this hotel again due to the price and the proximity to the train station

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Non Smoking rooms smelled like smoke the entire time. Notified manager of this issue and was informed that he would send to security to check to see if any one was smoking on that perticular floor. Every day room smelled of smoke. Overall staff was good customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

service was nice. They changed my room from the 14th floor to the 7th because of an extremely loud air handler on the roof. Rooms where very old looking. Breakfast area was packed, not worth waiting for. Parking was horrible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

stayed one night over christmas,hotel was clean,staff freindly and helpful,shuttle service exellent(shuttle driver noticed us walking back to hotel and stopped to pick us up,what a nice bloke!)breakfast good and plenty of it.all round our short stay was great,thanks to all at robert treat hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The room might be clean, the maintenance might be good, but nothing of these matter if you cannot get to your room. Everything started with the fact that the receptionist could not clearly explain how I can get to the hotel shuttle from the airport. I lost half an hour at the airport trying to find some “P4” at terminal C, until one person said that I need to get to the air train. I arrived to the hotel and showed the receptionist an e-mail with the confirmation, dates, rate, etc. He said that the reservation does not exist and offered to pay the rate again. After that, he turned away from me and basically forgot about my existence. After 20 minutes that I spent talking to Hotels.com representative, the receptionist decided to walk to the back room, and mysteriously found my reservation there. As a result, because of the hotel staff, I got t the room one hour later than I was supposed to, and my sleep time shrunk from 5 to 4 hours (I had to wake up at 4:30 AM). Not good. The hotel managers did not even reply to my e-mail.

Disclaimer. I stay at 30 hotels per year; thus, I do know what to expect from a hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel

Address: 50 Park Place, Newark, NJ 07102
Location: United States > New Jersey > Newark > Newark Central Business District
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Best Value Hotel in Newark
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Newark Robert Treat Hotel
Best Western Newark
Newark Best Western
Robert Treat Newark
Robert Treat Hotel

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.