“CONVENIENT AND NOT TOO FAR FROM EWR. FOR TRANSIT ONLY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Park Place, Newark, NJ 07102 (Newark Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Paris, France
“CONVENIENT AND NOT TOO FAR FROM EWR. FOR TRANSIT ONLY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I selected this hotel on a rate basis at the last minute without having the possibilities to read reviews from other guests booking almost at random at EWR’s P4 station just after placing a few phone calls to the nearby hotels.

Airport pick-up from AIR TRAIN P4 station with their dedicated van was on time and I was able to check-in quickly 10 minutes after a short ride from EWR to Newark downtown. I was glad to see that my preferences had been taken into consideration and that my room was quiet and above all a non smoking one.

Rooms are small like in most hotels in New York. The free WiFi internet connection was very good and so was the bed, the A/C and the choice of channels on the flat screen TV set.
However, room to room sound proofing leaves a lot to desire.
The "deluxe continental breakfast" has nothing deluxe but has the advantage at least to be free.
I was allowed to check-out one hour late. The receptionist also faxed a document for me abroad without a charge.
The hotel is conveniently located downtown Newark within walking distance to a train station with direct service to lower Manhattan.
Needless to say that downtown Newark is not the nicest area but being less than 10 minutes from EWR at a reasonable rate may outweigh some criticisms.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
huntington beach, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

never been in a hotel that was so loud and terrible for sleeping. Doors constantly slamming, elevator chirps all the time, maids banging stuff, flushing toilets, voices, traffic, sirens in a rough neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2011
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Hotel was great, the staff could be a little more personable. They didnt seem like they wanted to help much when help was needed. The Business center was nice, the lobby is nice, the rooms were great, bed was comfy! I would recommend! Great Hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Franklin, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

It is located near EWR, Newark International Airport,NJ. Free bus shuttle very half hour. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast and many varieities of food items. all day free coffe and snacks. good place to stay for business trip also. free and safe car parking in such a big city.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

If it weren’t for the free continental breakfast or the close location to the Prudential Centre there would be no reason I would ever want to return nor recommend this hotel to anyone. Firstly, the Latin woman who served myself and my partner on arrival seemed more interested chit-chatting on the phone rather than checking us in or even greeting us. When she was ready to serve us in between her phone conversations, she gave us inactive card to the wrong room on the wrong floor. My partner and I are only 20 years of age so we only have basic expectations however this lack of hotel service was on a completely different level.

Luckily we were only staying the night. Hotel guests, absolutely stinking of Marijuana whilst sharing the elevator with us was a huge turn off, though I recognize that New Jersey is in the process of being rebuilt. Certainly did not feel safe walking the streets. Only left the hotel to see an NBA game. After an uneasy night, my partner and I were checked out by the same rude lady that served us the morning before, who had huge difficulty in understanding basic requests. We simply wanted a yellow cab to take us to New York. We were stuffed around for 1.5hrs and never got what we requested. After following an order to use the hotel cab service, we spent 30mintues inside the cab trying to explain to the woman driver (who was also Latin) that we wanted to go to Time Sqaure, New York. She would not listen continuing to enter Union Square, New Jersey in her GPS. I requested she release the doors to let me out. She refused. The language barrier was extremely frustrating. For someone living in New Jersey who doesn’t understand where New York is, should certainly not be a cab driver in the first place. After her refusing to let me out various times, I reached for the emergency latch and let myself out, grabbed my luggage and made alternative arrangements to get to my destination.

I’m not the type of person who writes reviews as I’d rather just enjoy life but I wanted to share my experience with others before they make the decision to stay here. On a more positive note, the hotel itself does do the job. Hotel was let down by the lack or no service that was provided by staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

i was on a short business trip and stayed two nights,i loved it.i will definitely stay there again and again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Quick overnight for morning interview, but the room was lovely. Not sure why there's often no fan in the bathrooms, but - it didn't fog up too badly. Very friendly staff, very clean, great view, very nice furnishings, large room, fairly quiet, but was right next to elevator, and people don't often think to be quiet when walking down the halls at 2 a.m. : ) Very long walk from elevators to rear parking lot! Wish I could have enjoyed it a bit longer and explored a bit. Performing Arts Center right next door - looks like a fun part of town.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel? Share your experiences!