You added Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Williamsburg, Missouri
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for two nights on 5/18 and 5/19. The staff was very friendly and helpful and understanding. The gift shop staff was friendly. The only issue we had was with the room service/on site restaurant. Room was clean and had a great view toward NYC. Couldn't have stayed in a better place.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I booked a night at Ramada Newark for a quick stay (just for over night before my flight) through a 3rd party website called 'hotel.com' and made a full payment 2 months prior to our stay to secure the room.

On the checkin day we even called 1 hour prior to our arrival to notify them to avoid any possible hassles, and they didnt mention anything.

When we got there after paying $50 taxi they said they cannot give us the room we have fully paid to secure, because they overbooked people. A friendly young man apologised and told us to wait until he contacts other hotels to find another room and that Ramada will cover the cost. So we waited and waited.

After we waited over an hour
I went back to the reception desk to complain. A middle-aged Indian man told us Ramada cannot do anything so we should contact 'hotel.com' to get a refund. No apologies. I complained again that why I should bother the 3rd party website when it is Ramada's fault clearly. Then he told us to come back early next morning to see his manager to sort out the refund. Then where are we supposed to stay till the next morning? After I got really mad and yelled at them then he finally made few phone calls to other hotels and told us to follow the driver, again no apologies and no explanation of what is going on.

The driver took us to a different hotel and they charged US for the room. We got charged double and went through all the waiting and troubles with no apologies. So now who should I go to get my money back?

Anyway The worst thing about Ramada is they do not care once they got the money from you!!

We are from New Zealand and travel overseas once every year. This is the first time that has happened to us and this is the worst services we received from any hotels. Check out my other reviews they are all positive ones only.

Because of these terrible terrible experiences we have had at Ramada Newark. WE WILL NEVER STAY AT ANY RAMADAS NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THE ROOM IS.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was ok, but bath tub was rusted n squeaks alot whn u step in. The room door deadbolt does not latch, n the door has alot of play. And on top of the max amount of money they charge for the rooms, as a paying guess they charge for parking!! Will not stay at the hotels in the vicinity of the airport again, until this ridiculous parking charge is stop.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ernst2013, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza At Newark Airport.

Thank you for your feedback. Our sincerest apologies for the disconnect you encountered with your room, we rectified the disconnect when it was reported to us.I am sorry you do not approve of the parking fee, we charge the lowest parking fee at EWR.

Thank you for your business.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Friendly front desk,nice cleaning lady,pleasant workers and response very fast when you have issue.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza At Newark Airport.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am glad you were able to experience great customer service from my Team. We are very proud of our Team. We strive for memorable experience. We hope to see you very soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel for business and the Ramada Plaza has exceeded my expectations, not just in service and accommodations but also when it comes to the friendly Staff. The staff has been helpful and accommodating on every stay, you would recommend the hotel to anyone traveling for business as well leisure. It is conveniently located and by staying often I've seen that management is consistently upgrading the rooms throughout the hotel. They want your business and it shows, give them a shot and I believe you will be pleased with your experience.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza At Newark Airport.

Thank you so much for your great review. We appreciate your loyalty . Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make all of your future stays exceptional.

Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just stayed one night, and well… quite disappointed due to smaller points. This is what it is:

POSITIVE POINTS:
To start with, the shuttle service is convenient and well organized. This is a good location for an overnight stay… no more than that.

Nice walking into the lobby, feeling welcome by the friendly staff, and reasonable modern looking lobby area. Check-in was a breeze, and off I went to the room.

The room itself was a decent size, and very comfortable, with a warm feeling inside. Bed was comfortable, and choice of pillows is always welcome, as is the seperate working área..

I must mention the cleaning staff, since they do an excellent job at maintaining this place impeccable.

The bar downstairs is really nice, giving you a feel of a pleasant sport bar… if it were not for the staff that I will mention below. Good place to sit and talk to people, in a pleasant atmosphere.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
So… yes, this is where I am completely let down.

I travelled on business, staying overnight at this hotel. As I had travelled for a week in Mexico, I was hoping to catch up on my work in this place, with a backlog of e-mails to reply to. Complementary internet – so they say – is free… but (yes, there is a BUT)… IT DIDN’T WORK. Well, I shouldn’t say that… let me rephrase, it worked for 2 minutes… and stopped completely. I tried the various options to connect to the other lines they offered, just to feel frustrated each time, since NON of them worked. I mean… this is a hotel offering this service, just to come into the room and have no internet. Look… even cheap motels offer a service THAT WORKS… not in this place.

At night, I had some loud neighbors. I could hear their conversation in their room… as if it were in mine. Fortunately, they did not go on all night, but walls are ridiculously thin, and management should try fixing this.

Although the room is nice, as mentioned above… I feel that this hotel is becoming dated, and in desperate need of some sort of renovation… especially soundproofing the rooms.

Lastly, I will mention that I enjoyed myself in the Sports Bar downstairs… but really let down by the arrogance and unfriendly bartender. No attempt at all to be friendly. I do not like over friendly staff… but some level of professionalism should be introduced to this young lady working there. She definitely needs training in customer care.

Not the hotel’s fault, but far from dining and bar activity. Minimum USD. 25,00 taxi ride to anywhere decent.

SUMMING UP:
You ask me if I will return, and my answer is simple: NO… not with these negative points floating around. It saddens me to say this, since this hotel has great potential… just needs management to iron out these negative points. MANY options around this area, for similar prices.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza At Newark Airport.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am going to make sure that my Team read your comments so we can attend to the issues and concerns you expressed to us. Clean rooms, friendly and attentive customer service are very important to us. We value and appreciate your comments, we hope we get a another chance to accommodate you. There is always room for improvement, your comments will help us improve our product.

We hope to see you soon.

Ernst

Been to Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!