“Room fine but no shuttle for return” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Newark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Was stuck in Newark because of a flight cancelation. The front desk attendant was not helpful at all. He directed me to another attendant who was very busy and briefly walked outside. I just wanted to know when the next shuttle would arrive and to hand them my room key. I could not even get the words out before he directed me to the other front desk clerk. I assumed he did not hear me. He just stood there as the lobby filled with people not even once attempting to help for five minutes. All I wanted was to turn in the key and know when the shuttle would arrive. When the shuttle did arrive he directed me to the shuttle and held his hand out for the key. That means that he heard me and refused to help. I am pretty sure that he must have been about to get off, but he could have helped make the transition smoother by helping with checkouts and basic information.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ernst2013, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza Newark Airport.

Thank you very much for your review. We value your business and are always striving to enhance our service. I am sorry that our guest service associate did not make an effort to assist you. Thank you for your feedback.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel does charge for breakfast, but it is very good. I enjoyed this hotel the beds were nice and the rooms were awesome and had a lot of space. Very nice hotel to stay at if visiting NYC. Good for group traveling.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza Newark Airport.

Thank you for your review and your business. We appreciate the detailed review. We look forward to have you stay with us in the near future.

Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel offers most of the amenities. A bit difficult to reach from the highway. Breakfast is not included. In addition, they charge an additional fee for parking! There are a number of hotels in the area that do not charge parking fee and some include breakfast. I have stayed at the great majority of the hotels close to the airport. This rates Average! Best part was the staff was accommodating.

Room Tip: There are hotels much more convenient to the airport especially if you are coming by car. If you ar...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ernst2013, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza Newark Airport.

Thank you for your review and your business. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and service. We do charge for parking and breakfast. Hope to see you in the near future.

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Blazing fast check-in. Hand them your voucher, they hand you a key. They didn't say hello, ask me my name and barely looked at me but you know what? That was just fine after spending hours in the airport. I just wanted to get to my room. The room was small but comfortable for a single night. I wouldn't want to stay here more than a night but seems their primary purpose is to host cancelled flight victims. Shuttle bus drivers were very nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza Newark Airport.

Thank you for your comment and review. I am sorry to hear the Front Office Team did not acknowledged you and did not greet you properly. That is not our standard at The Ramada Plaza Newark Airport. We value your business.

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Thanks to a delayed flight and missed connection, we were put up here overnight by the airline. We had a long wait for the hotel shuttle bus from the airport - we must have just missed the previous bus and stood around in the freezing cold for nearly half an hour. (We could have waited inside but had to keep popping in and out to find out the destination of each bus that arrived.)The other hotel buses came and went several times during our wait - had I realised the hotel was next door to the Hilton Doubletree, I might have been tempted to board their bus instead! When he arrived, the driver was very courteous. Check in was highly efficient and our room was well equipped with 2 queen size beds, coffee maker, fridge and fluffy towels. The decor was a little tired but a blow heater had been switched on making the room snug and cozy. We were too tired to eat and had to check out again at 04.30, so we used the airline food and drink vouchers on a couple of beers in the friendly bar. Check out was efficient but there was quite a large group of us waiting for the early shuttle bus and it was clear we would not all fit on one bus. We were relieved to find they laid on additional buses so we all got away on time.

Room Tip: We were just happy to have a comfy bed to lay our weary heads!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza Newark Airport.

Thank you for your very detailed review. It has provided us with some valuable information. We added more shuttles and drivers to better accommodate our guests. I am sorry you had to wait for the shuttle. I will certainly make sure we do better. Thank you for your business .

Ernst Gaston

Been to Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!