“Ramada Plaza expereience” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Newark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Williamsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice location to the city. Hotel has a shuttle to the Newark airport that can also has a train that takes you to Penn Station. Hotel room are not that great. Bathtub wouldn't hold water in it. They also only gave us 1 wash cloth for 4ppl.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ernst2013, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you choosing The Ramada Plaza Newark Airport.

We appreciate your comment. I am glad our shuttle was helpful to you . I apologize that only a set of towels were left in your room. We usually replenish towels based on number of guests in the room. I will certainly address with my team. Thank you for your feedback.

Saratoga, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was sent there via United Airlines when a flight was cancelled. I got in at 2 a.m., and thankfully didn't see how filthy the room was until the morning. Ugh...What are they paying these cleaners for? They obviously don't clean. I had to move a night stand because I dropped something, and there was GARBAGE behind the stand. Everywhere was filthy..I am disgusted, and I am writing United to change where they send people. I have had to stay in dumps driving across America in my younger days, and NOTHING was this filthy..I couldn't bear to look at the mattress...I got up, showered and got out of there as fast as I could.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here..it's filthy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ernst2013, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza.

On behalf of my entire team I would like to offer a sincere apology for our service failures during your stay. We have a hard working and highly trained Housekeeping team. We demand and expect a very high level of service. We inspect all rooms to make sure they are guest ready.

We are very sorry for the experience and appreciate that you expressed them to us. Your comments will truly help us do better.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Okay so the hotel itself isn't little, but ridiculously tall and apparently the stairs are really hard to find, which would be handy in case of a fire(!) The decor was horrid, nasty shades of brown and cream like the entire building hadn't left the 1970s.

The cleaning staff were very inconsistent, one night they'd replace towels and cups and coffee, the next they'd only replace one of the three, or on a couple of occasions they just re-rolled the same old towels to make it look like they'd been replaced.

The shuttle service was terrible, the drivers miserable and unwelcoming, on a service which only takes you as far as the airport without so much of a bit of direction in finding your way from there.

Being in the middle of nowhere and walking not being an option, given the highways surrounding the hotel, in case of hunger your only option is the mini-shop or restaurant. In all fairness, Teddy's Bar and Grill provides quality food at reasonable prices and is staffed by very friendly people, but it's run by an entirely different company to the hotel - so that doesn't count for very much in terms of the hotel's credit.

I detested my stay here and would never go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ernst2013, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
While we were very pleased to see our reputation for hospitality and cleanliness preceded your visit to our hotel. I certainly regret that we did not demonstrate that when servicing your room. I would like to apologize again for this unacceptable incident.

You also commented on the fact that the stairs are really hard to find, and stated the stairs would be hard to find in case of fire. Not only that there are unobstructed clear and distinct signs all over, we have a life and safety brigade that monitors that for us as well as a life and Safety company that assures that we are in compliance with all Federal and Local laws. Our life and safety record here is impeccable. We value the safety of our guests as well as employees.

In regards to the complimentary shuttle, unfortunately it's for transportation to and from Newark Airport only. Our Drivers and Concierge go above and beyond to demonstrate high levels of hospitality and provide the best directions to and from all points. We encourage guests to visit our restaurant as well as all local restaurants in the ironbound section of Newark.

Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently spent two nights here with a tour group. We came in from New York City the first night at around 11 pm. I don't think the bathroom had been cleaned other than new towels and toiletries being put there. I spent some time using the disinfectant wipes I brought to clean the previous guest's hairs off the sink, shower and toilet. That was not my idea of a good stay. On the up side, the breakfast was very good! The first day there was louder rock music blaring in the dining room but on the second day it was more pleasant. The noise level at night was good and bed was comfortable. One of the overhead lamps in my room was missing a light bulb on the second night. I was only given one or two fresh washcloths on the second day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your feedback related to your recent stay at our property, the Ramada Plaza.
We take guest satisfaction very seriously and do everything possible to make each and every one of our guests are comfortable and satisfied during their stay with us. I apologize we did not meet your expectations.

If you wish to speak with me, please reach out at egaston@menlohotels.com. I would very much appreciate if you can afford me the opportunity to speak with you. While we acknowledge and accept responsibility for the the disconnect you may have experienced during your stay with us, our team is proud of our service record and we remain focused on providing the highest level of value to our customers. As a hotel that enjoys a high occupancy rate , we pride ourselves on offering clean and comfortable accommodations to our guests.

Ernst Gaston

Been to Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!