“A very nice hotel with reasonable rates at a convenient...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book in Advance; Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Newark

577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Lenexa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My son and I were sent to this hotel after getting bumped on an airline flight. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you to and from the airport. Both shuttle drivers barely acknowledged us and when my teen son said "Thank you" when we were dropped off at the airport this morning, that driver didn't even respond at all. The room itself was pleasant- I liked the decor. However, the hallways were dreadful and depressing. My son thought it was creepy. The view from our room was literally looking down on two huge full trash dumpsters. I guess they are in the process of remodeling. We ate at the restaurant and my potato skins were brown/grey inside rather than whitish. I had to send them back and was told that was how they were supposed to be. I ordered something else. I killed an ant in the bathroom as well. Fortunately, we didn't pay for this room, but I still would not recommend it even as a bargain. Maybe it will be vastly improved after the remodel?

• Stayed June 2013
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I am sorry we were unable to meet your lodging needs during your time of distress. I understand how difficult it can be to be distressed from a flight. I am glad you enjoyed the decor of the room. I am sorry you did not like the decor of the corridors, we decorated in bright colors for the carpet and neutrals for the walls to give a warm feeling, I understand it may not be everyones taste and respect your opinion.

I will discuss with the F&B department about the appetizer you ordered, I assure all ingredients are fresh and food handling is above and beyond code.

Thank you again for the opportunity. We look forward to the completion of our much anticipated top to bottom renovations and hope you give us another try.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was going on an overnight with my crew and when I saw Ramada I was thinking the worst as the name has declined over the years. The hotel is under renovation but looks like the lobby and a few floors are left to be done. My room was clean and very comfortable and nicely sized with a very comfortable bed and while the view of the rail yard wasn't the ideal view I didn't hear the trains and frankly when staying at an airport hotel you are not staying there for the view. The restaurant was nice and had a lot of choices to chose from. One tip if leaving early in the morning be early for the shuttle because it fills up fast. Staff was pleasant and while this trip was business if I needed a place by the EWR airport I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the fantastic review.

My team and I at The Ramada Plaza are happy we were able to meet your lodging needs. The much anticipated and needed top to bottom renovations are almost complete, with the remainder of the lobby and restaurant ready to break ground, we are a month away and very excited to unveil the evolution of The Ramada Plaza.

We hope you visit us again, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Sandton, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my three nights stay at Ramada Plaza, Newark. The hotel is modest and located not too far from the Path station. However, I was dissapointed by the gym facilitity. It needs a serious upgrade!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at our hotel, I am happy we were able to meet your lodging needs. As part of our renovations and refresh we will be adding new gym equipment very soon.

Thank you again, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love the accessible shuttle for the hotel the employees were extremely kind they assisted with the luggage I enjoyed my stay and the only reason IM rating 4 out of 5 is because IM paralyzed traveling alone and the roll in shower had a small external shower chair I needed a bench like they have at motel 6 so I wasn't able to shower the chair was too dangerous to Tranter to

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review of The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I am very happy we were able to meet your travel needs and the accessible shuttle service we provide to our guests was helpful in making your trip a little easier.

Thank you for your feedback about the roll in shower. I will look into and make the necessary revisions to the bathroom to better accommodate our vauled guests with special needs.

Thank you again for staying with us, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Bret Esbrandt

Been to Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!