“Average accommodation, but great parking deal” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book in Advance; Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Newark
Cooperstown, New York
“Average accommodation, but great parking deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here one night at the beginning of a long trip. The room for one night, plus 21 days of parking, was $175. Additional parking was only $7 a day.

The room was clean and quiet enough, considering how close it was to the airport. Shuttle to the airport took less than ten minutes. Overall, no luxury, but a great park and fly value.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I am happy our park, sleep and fly package was convenient for you and met your needs. We are pushing daily to be a great hotel our guests deserve. Average will just not do. I do hope you visit us again as we continue to evolve.

Thank you.

577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here on a Park Stay Fly deal. We have stayed at other hotels to catch a Newark flight and they all have good and bad qualities.
Our room at this one had very noisy annoying heating unit that woke us up every 20 minutes or so during a very cold night.
In the morning the front desk clerk clerk said I should have let them know about and they would have fixed it. At midnight all we wanted to do was sleep and not have a repairman in the room trying to fix what could not have been fixed too quickly.
I also told him we were still waiting for the 5AM wake-up call I had requested. He apologized and asked who I spoke to. All I could tell him was he spoke some a weird foreign dialect but he at least reapeated the time. But he apparently didn't know how to work thru their phone system of setting up wake-up calls. So I guess we were "lucky" that we had a heating unit waking us up every 20 minutes or we would have missed our flight.
So we were tired and worn out even before our flight took off at 8 AM.
Also important to know:
Other airport area hotel shuttles take you right to your terminal of departure.
This hotel shuttle takes you to a parking area P4 and then you have to take a tram to get to your terminal. This is probably what they are all instructed to do, but other Newark airport hotels we have stayed at get away with taking you right to your terminal for departing flights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I apologize about the heating unit in the room, as part of our improvement plan we are changing out the antiquated units, I will look into this issue and be sure we have records of which room was the issue. It is usually a quick fix to rectify or had my team known you were being inconvenienced would have been very happy to switch your room for you. I will also look into the wake up system to see if there was a system glitch in the error reports. I due apologize about this.

As for the shuttle, you are correct we do drop off at P4 which is the law as dictated by The Port Aurthority Police and Homeland Security. If the other hotels are breaking federal and local laws that is at their own risk but is putting guests in jeapordy of being held from there flights. I do not put my team or my guests at such risk. I am sorry if you disagree with our obeying the law, but I can assure you it is in my guests best interest that we do.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I got a room here via from United after my flight got cancelled. The rooms are okay, bed are not very comfortable and definitely not for tall people. They are also very high. The servers in the restaurant for breakfast were grumpy and unfriendly, what I ordered was apparently unavailable so they gave a substitute without checking with me, and which I did not want. They don't have cappuccino's or latte's in de breakfast restaurant, if you want that you need to get it from the coffee shop in the lobby... It was okay for a night but nothing more then that, I would never have booked this myself, especially since there is construction going on.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I am sorry we were unable to meet your lodging needs. We are pushing daily to finish our top to bottom much needed renovations. Part of our improvment plans were the new beds which you seemed to not like for which I apologize, but must admit am a little surprised majority of our guests have commented where they might purchase them from. However I understand and respect individual preferences and am sorry we did not meet yours.

I will look into the restaurant staff behavior, this is certainly not representative of the service we provide as well the restaurant team is usually left with compliments. I apologize we failed to meet your needs.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity.
Novi Sad, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel is very close to the airport. 20-30 minutes to Manhattan. Cleanliness is average and it's not noisy. Wireless has not that good connection. Haven't tried the food. It's OK value for money. And it's good because location, everything else is average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I am happy we were able to meet your lodging needs during your stay. We improve daily, we do not strive to be average we will continue to push to be the great hotel you deserve.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!