“Value for Money, comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Newark
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Value for Money, comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was on a business trip, so main advantage was near to airport. but for pleasure trip, it is convenient only if you have a car.
Rooms were comfy, but Bathrooms need serious improvement, we had to change room on the first day because of chocked wash Basin, and the new room wasn't much of an improvement.

but during renovations, it seems they would cover that part as rest of the rooms and amenities are satisfactory. also description which states 2 double beds double room actually turned out to be twin single beds in single room. they need to state that clearly while booking.

staff is cordial.

all in all, value for money and good for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

We are making tremendous strides daily in giving our valued guests such as yourself the great hotel they deserve.
Our preventive maintenance program covers plumbing, we will look into the issue and the room you stayed in to fix this, I apologize this occurred. As we continue to work on the hotel we are refreshing all guest bathrooms as well.

We want to be the choice hotel for your traveling needs and will continue to evolve into the great hotel our guests deserve.

Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just stayed at the Ramada for a 3 day bagpipe workshop and competition. This was the host hotel and after reading previous unfavorable reviews, I actually made reservations at another hotel. Not being familiar with the Newark area, however, I changed my reservation (reluctantly) to the Ramada so I wouldn't have to bounce back and forth between hotels. I was very pleasantly surprised with the Ramada hotel and my entire experience here.

I can't say I'd choose to come to any airport hotel for vacation but as a venue for an event like this, the Ramada was fine. I will say the first noticeable thing about this hotel is the staff. They are amazing! Every encounter we had was a positive one! I would describe them as exceptional!

The hotel is undergoing renovations but it really wasn't much of an inconvenience. Our room was very clean and nice. One morning, there was no hot water but we just waited til later in the day. No big deal. That was a Sunday and we did notice more construction noise so it's possible, the hotel was doing more work then so as to not inconvenience any more people than necessary. The walls are a little thin but that's to be expected in most hotels. Only an issue when someone next door was up and about very early.

The restaurant was very good. I would say the food was much better than most hotel restaurants I've been to. The only down side was that because they're not technically part of the hotel, you can't charge things to your room. Again, no big deal.

I worried for nothing. This was a fine hotel and I would come back in a heartbeat. Actually plan on it if the same event is held here next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

Metro Cup competition is a long term friend of the hotel. We look forward year after year to hear the first sound of the bagpipes, it is truly our honor to have the group stay with us.

I do apologize about the hot water, there was a surge that tripped the water heater and as you mentioned it was back and running almost immmediately.

Thank you for the all of the positive feedback you provided we look forward to you staying with us again next time.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ten minutes from Newark Airport. Nice place good rooms. Food in restaurant was really good with reasonable price and recommend the burgers. Ask for room that does not face the railroad tracks. My room faced the tracks, had double pane glass so noise was minimal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay at The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I am very happy you enjoyed your time while you were staying with us. We will continue to improve daily to ensure each time you come to Newark Airport there is only one hotel you choose and that is The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

Thank you!
Brick,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked this hotel by accident and I'm glad I did. My wife and I usually stay at another hotel at EWR when we travel and book a park, sleep and fly. When I pulled up to this hotel, it was a good looking property. The room was clean and comfortable. The room looked like it was recently updated since there was construction going on elsewhere on the property. The lounge was nice with many televisions for sports. I would and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review!

We are pushing daily to complete our renovations so we can provide the great hotel our valued guests such as yourself deserve. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you .

We look forward to you visiting us again.
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stay at this hotel almost every weekend. The rooms are always very clean, bed is big and comforable but it is the staff at this hotel that makes us keep coming back. Christina works in the restaurant and she is always very friendly, courteous and professional. She remembers us by name and we look forward to seeing her in the restaurant. Nora works in the convenience store and she is very sweet and helpful if we forget to pack something, she will find it for us. The Housekeeping staff are very friendly (wish I took their names down) they are very accomodating with extra towels, soap etc right away. The Hotel is a nice stay but it's the people that work there that make the difference for us and we enjoy staying there.

Room Tip: The hotel is overall very quiet as we stay in different rooms, different floors. This is a non-smoki...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience staying at The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I would like to thank you for choosing us as your home away from home and getaway location. Our team strives to provide 5 star service, Cristina embraces that philosophy and is a shining star in our F&B department, thank you for recognizing her and the remainder of the Hotel team.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!