“United Airlines put me here when I missed my connection” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Newark
Miami, Florida
“United Airlines put me here when I missed my connection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ten minutes from Newark Airport. Nice place good rooms. Food in restaurant was really good with reasonable price and recommend the burgers. Ask for room that does not face the railroad tracks. My room faced the tracks, had double pane glass so noise was minimal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay at The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I am very happy you enjoyed your time while you were staying with us. We will continue to improve daily to ensure each time you come to Newark Airport there is only one hotel you choose and that is The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

Thank you!

642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Brick,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked this hotel by accident and I'm glad I did. My wife and I usually stay at another hotel at EWR when we travel and book a park, sleep and fly. When I pulled up to this hotel, it was a good looking property. The room was clean and comfortable. The room looked like it was recently updated since there was construction going on elsewhere on the property. The lounge was nice with many televisions for sports. I would and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review!

We are pushing daily to complete our renovations so we can provide the great hotel our valued guests such as yourself deserve. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you .

We look forward to you visiting us again.
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stay at this hotel almost every weekend. The rooms are always very clean, bed is big and comforable but it is the staff at this hotel that makes us keep coming back. Christina works in the restaurant and she is always very friendly, courteous and professional. She remembers us by name and we look forward to seeing her in the restaurant. Nora works in the convenience store and she is very sweet and helpful if we forget to pack something, she will find it for us. The Housekeeping staff are very friendly (wish I took their names down) they are very accomodating with extra towels, soap etc right away. The Hotel is a nice stay but it's the people that work there that make the difference for us and we enjoy staying there.

Room Tip: The hotel is overall very quiet as we stay in different rooms, different floors. This is a non-smoki...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience staying at The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I would like to thank you for choosing us as your home away from home and getaway location. Our team strives to provide 5 star service, Cristina embraces that philosophy and is a shining star in our F&B department, thank you for recognizing her and the remainder of the Hotel team.

We look forward to serving you in the future.
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I spent two nights here for meetings. The meetings were also held at the hotel.

It seems this hotel is currently being renovated. I was in a renovated room and it was nice and clean. A colleague was in a non-renovated room and found it to be quite worn out. One thing with my room was that the bathtub didn't drain while I was showering--very gross.

As for facilities, the hotel is rather worn. The meeting rooms uncomfortable (awful chairs), stuffy, and the wifi in the meeting rooms was very intermittent (worked fine in the lobby and room).

The restaurant is closed off, but the bar was OK--standard for hotels.

Would I be back? Maybe for a night stay (if its a good price), but not for meeting!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

As noticed we are in the process of renovating and refreshing all areas of the hotel. I apologize for the plumbing issue in the room, we have looked into this and rectified I am sorry this occurred during your visit. As part of the refresh the meeting rooms will be updated and freshened to better accommodate our guests expectations.

I do hope you give us another try as we continue to evolve into the great hotel our guests and team deserve.
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and quiet, comfortable beds... Those are the pluses and you should expect that from a Ramada Plaza. I stayed here for 12 days. The wifi service worked for maybe two days for a couple hours a day. I would constantly call down to check on it every day and every day they said the tech was going to be coming in that night to look into it....I'm not buying it. And the front desk attendants were no help and were in fact rude with the exception of the gentleman who works overnights. He was quite kind.
They do not offer ESPN as a channel for their cable service, so if you are planning to watch the game you are forced to go to the bar downstairs and pay for overpriced drinks. This is very disappointing.
So when I went to the bar to catch the game, the bartenders were very friendly, but the drinks are very expensive even for the Newark metro area. The food was average at best.
The breakfast is a pay breakfast, but I couldn't tell you the price. One day it was 9, the next it was comped, the next day it was 6, and the last day I ate breakfast there was 16. It was good but not for 16. I wouldn't stay here again if I have a choice. The Doubletree is right next door and I will stay there next time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

We continue to make aggressive changes daily during our renovations. We are currently upgrading our WiFi service to ensure stable connectivity. This will be an absolute fix and will reduce any issues that being near the airport may cause.

As part of our improvement processes we will be changing the TV channel lineup to include ESPN, HBO as well as many other premiuim channels.

As for the staffs behavior, please know I take this very seriously and will rectify. I do not tolerate less then outstanding service for my guests. I apologize and will identify the person who feels they are exempt from following my Service Philosophy of Excellence.

I am sorry we did not meet your lodging needs. We will continue to evolve to give our guests the great hotel they deserve.
Niagara
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was stuck in Newark having missed my connection to San Francisco. Lucky enough to get a voucher for a hotel room, and thought I'd be fine at a Ramada. Although it looked promising from the lobby, the hotel was terrible. Perhaps it was because I was a "voucher" client, but the first room I got looked like it had not been renovated since the 1970s, the windows were leaking gusty cold air, and the heat barely improved the freezing temperature. The front desk staff were pleasant enough to change my room, and I got a renovated room on a higher floor - but still freezing cold as I write this, and I tend to run warm! The shuttle service is not as efficient as other hotels - on a half-hour schedule, and only goes to the AirTrain rather than the terminals. Overall, a very disappointing way to spend an unscheduled stop in Newark.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bret E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your lodging needs. I can assure you coming to stay at our hotel on a voucher does not impact how you should be treated or accommodated, you are our guest. Being in a distressed situation by your airline should not be accented by a bad hotel stay, I am sorry this occurred. I have looked into the heating issues and have found that several units purchased are too small for the rooms, we have replaced them with larger units.
As for the shuttle, we are off of 1&9, our route is a little longer than the hotels on the 1&9 strip whcih are closer to the airport, at times our route which takes us on main highway is under construction or congested this may cause a delay in us getting to the hotel in a more timely basis. As well all hotel shuttles are required to pick up and drop off at P4 as per Homeland Security and Port Authority Police, not shuttles are permitted to drop a the terminal.

I apologize we did not meet your expectations. With feedback such as yours we will continue to improve daily.

Been to Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!