“Great way to economize if you're going to lower Manhattan” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Family Fun
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Miami, Florida
“Great way to economize if you're going to lower Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel's access to the PATH trains is perfect. You can leave your room and be in NYC in 30 minutes for $2.75. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is that FOX News doesn't work, in fact CNN was the only cable news channel that did. As much as that annoys me I'd still stay here again if doing business in the financial district in NYC.

Room Tip: 9th and 10th floor are Concierge floors. There are no views here.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel is great and the rooms are very good. The staff was very nice. It is located in a centric area, just next to the Newark bus station. However I had a lot of problems with the internet connection. It was very slow and it never worked on my laptop, just on my iPhone.

Norwood, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My Last few stays have been diapointing because I do have in my HHonors profile I like to be far away from the elevators but in both Philadelphia and Newark my rooms were right next to the elevators. Even though I booked these rooms almost a month ahead you still could not accomodate my prefernce in my profile. What is the use of filling that out then?

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at Hilton Newark Penn Station for 7 days. Our room was on the 9th floor and it was very nicely updated, the bedding and towels were fluffy and clean, the temperature was just right. Breakfast on our floor during the week was more then sufficient including eggs, bacon, french toast, breads, juices, coffee, yogurt, fruit, bottled sodas, water. It's free might I add. Our attendant there was a very nice young man who was very pleasant and attentive. The hotel restaurant is great as well. Our waiter was exceptional and treated us like royalty. Newark Penn Station is directly adjacent to the Hilton so there is no need to go outside. The PATH train will take you directly to World Trade Center in NYC. Just need a Metrocard which costs $1 and $2.75 each trip. Would stay again!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Reservations were confirmed for king bed room. After 10 hours of travel, checked in and went to room -- no king bed. Had carried all luggage bags to room. Returned to lobby, finally provided king bed room on another floor. Had to return to original room, retrieve luggage, and carry luggage bags to correct room. No apology whatsoever.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Afternoon,

I do apologize that you were not given the king bed that you had requested. I know that it must be frustrating to get into a room and then be told that another room became available. I also apologize that you were not offered assistance with your luggage, I will speak to the staff and use this as a training tool. I hope that if you come to Newark again you will chose to stay with us at Hilton Newark Penn Station.

Lori S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We picked this hotel solely because of it's location to Newark Penn Station, a 3 minute walk across a skywalk from the hotel lobby directly to Penn Station! We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The rooms were completely updated, quite comfortable, and extremely clean. If it weren't for the narrow and very tall door, you would never know this was an older hotel. The room was extremely quiet, not so much as a signle brake squeal was heard during our entire stay. The breakfast on the Concierge level was delightful and the attendant was amazing, constantly buzzing around like a little bee... cleaning up after other messy guests, restocking cereals, juices, bacon, and breads.

Very please with our experience here. Definately will be staying here again on our next trip!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Newark Penn Station. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your comments with the entire staff. I am glad you found the room to be comfortable and quite. I hope that if your travels bring you to Newark again you will stay with us here at Newark Penn Station.

Lori S.
new york, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Compared to the many many other Hiltons,we have visited, over the past 20 years, this location was far below the others. The hotel has smell of being very old. Also, the bathroom linen was very old and should have been discarded a year ago.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to apologize that you were not satisfied with your most recent stay with us at Hilton Newark Penn Station. We pride ourselves in great customer service as well as clean and comfortable rooms. I am very sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned to standard. I have shared your comments and concerns with our housekeeping manager. I hope that if you are to visit Newark again you will give us another try.

Lori S.

Been to Hilton Newark Penn Station? Share your experiences!