“Heads up- GPS does not work for this hotel!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport

You added Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Routes 1&9 South, Newark, NJ 07114 (Newark Airport and Port Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Newark
GreenLeadersGold level
Bellevue, Washington
“Heads up- GPS does not work for this hotel!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Putting the address in ends up taking you into downtown Elizabeth. When we called the front desk, we were told to input 125 Frontage Road. We ended up at the Ramada and a dead end. The Marriott mobile site is completely useless for this hotel regarding directions also. The front desk personnel indicated that our situation was not at all unique.

The hotel is pretty quiet for being next to an airport. Also, unlike other Marriotts, wifi is free.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bargain_hunter46

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Maybe I was having a bad day, not sure, but I was extremely unhappy with my stay there. I stay occasionally at Courtyards and this one was likely the worst.

I stayed only 1 night in early September. Decided to do a stop over from Europe on my way to the West Coast. Bad idea. It would have been better take the connecting flight.

To reach the shuttle for this hotel it is a nightmare. You have to loop a few times around the terminal, take the AirTrain...Go up, go down, go up. And I had 2 large suitcases with me and I was exhausted after a long transatlantic flight. On top of that, I had to pay $5 for a trolley. Also, the shuttle was delayed.

Once I got to the hotel 1 1/2 hour later, the service was bad. Young kids at the reception more interested in checking this emails in the back room than tending to your needs.

Again, maybe I was jet lagged and tired and in a bad mood but overall bad stay. I would recommend the Marriott closer to the airport. I recall the shuttle picking me up directly at the terminal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a yard view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Aconcagua2013
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed with my family for 3 nights , staff was very nice and room are comfertable. If you have conection flights at Newark Liberty International Airport thsi is the great palce with agreat shuttl eservice. However if you are driving and new to the city its not easy accessible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bashih
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your 3 day stay, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the airport shuttle service exceed your expectations. We have done a lot of great work in the past year to make improvements, including new easy to recognize bright green shuttle vans. These vans travel to and from Newark Liberty Airport, 24/7 picking up at terminal P-4 at 15 after and 15 to every hour, the van then leaves the hotel at the top and bottom of each hour to complete the airport loop.
It is all good and well making building improvements but it is the people inside that make it live and breathe - we are lucky to have many true hospitality professionals looking to make a positive difference to our guests every single day. Happy traveling
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here back in May 2011. I stayed in Room 353. I was traveling on a 7:00 am flight from Newark to Cancun. The hotel is one of my favorites. I love Courtyard's. the hotel is kind of hard to find from the main road but once you do, it's all worth it! The rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel offers a FREE shuttle to Newark Airport but stops at the Fairfield Inn & Suites and the Spring Hill Suites that share the parking lot. Usually the bus stops at the Daily Garage then you have to take the Air Train to your terminal. But since it was 5:30 am, the bus driver was nice and stopped right in front of each terminal for us. The hotel also did a wake up call for us at 4:30. Which was great. When I got on the plane, I slept some more. Great hotel and would defiantly stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dan 7702:
Thank you so much for this wonderful review; since you stayed here last we have many more building improvements, including new furniture and carpet in all the rooms and hallways. We added two new airport shuttle vans that run on compressed natural gas, that are great for the environment along with being more comfortable.
Indeed as you noted the infamous NJ U-turns and jug handles are difficult to navigate, so we have noted some great tips and tricks on our hotel webpage on how to get here easier.
Happy Traveling.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here on a late arrival en route to NYC. Shuttle was fast and super convenient (as weird as EWR is). Hotel checkin was fast and straightforward. My room was clean, comfortable, and there wasn't nearly as much airport noise as I expected.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
April 7901:
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to the NYC area, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we truly appreciate your kind review. You will be delighted to know that you rode in a shuttle van that is powered by compressed natural gas, (CNG) that has a minimum impact to the environment.
Our vans run 24 hours and pick up at terminal P-4 at Newark Airport; they are green in color and green for the environment, a big reason why Trip Advisor awarded us their Gold Level for great environment friendly business practices. Happy traveling.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Simply put, I have stayed here a few times and each occasion surpasses the last. It is an airport hotel in Newark. No, it isn't Palm Beach or Scottsdale, it is Newark. But Gary, the manager, is attentive and especially deserves praise. Good hotel, helpful but not overbearing staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Pelle311
Thank you for choosing our hotel once again, I am delighted that you have noticed all the great improvements; shortly we will be posting some new photos on Trip Advisor and our main website of our newly renovated rooms.
This is a people business and I am so lucky to have such a great team with me who strive to give their best every single day.
Happy traveling.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We enjoyed one night stay at this hotel prior to heading on vacation. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. Shuttle to airport runs every about every 15 minutes. Pick up is at easy after your stay and parking was part of our package price making it all very convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Relaxinpa:
Thank you so much for your kind review, my team and I look at Trip Advisor every day and are excited to see that all our hard work is paying off with great guest experiences.
Indeed we recently added two new shuttle vans to our fleet and they run on compressed natural gas, (one of the many reasons that we are a “Gold Certified Energy Efficient Hotel” as measured by Trip Advisor and their very extensive criteria).
Thank you again and delighted that you were able to avail of our great park and fly package - stay the first night, leave your car, take our complimentary shuttle to Newark airport and go on vacation.
Happy traveling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
BEST WESTERN Plus Newark Airport West
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport

Been to Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!