“Near the airport but hard to go to New York” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Routes 1&9 South, Newark, NJ 07114 (Newark Airport and Port Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Newark
GreenLeadersGold level
Victoria, Canada
“Near the airport but hard to go to New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I really loved the hotel because of it's 24-hour airport shuttle service, clean lobby, the staff was really nice to us, and it just felt really like a really good hotel to stay in! But the bad thing is, if you're trying to get to New York you can ether go to Madison square gardens or the world financial center located in financial district. The money to go to New York is highly expensive and it takes over an hour to get there! So if after your night stay and you want to go to New York than I suggest to book another hotel ether in Brooklyn, JFK airport or downtown manhattan. But it is one of the leanest and nicest hotels that I've ever experienced.

Room Tip: Get a room with and outside view of the airport. You will see the Newark airport and New York maybe!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SGB68, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our hotel, I am delighted that you had a very nice experience and that the staff and quality of the hotel exceed your expectations.
Indeed we are close to Newark Liberty International Airport and offer a 24 hour complimentary shuttle bus, happy to note that the shuttle buses run on compressed natural gas (CNG), which is good for the environment.

This hotel is located about 12 miles from NYC, there is no direct route to the city and travelers need to plan their time to do so, we do have a very handy planning tool available on arrival.
We do offer a very attractive "Stay here - Train There" rate that includes two roundtrip adult tickets on NJ Transit rail system; a short ride on our shuttle bus to the Rail-Link.

For guests looking for hotels closer to and with better rates than NYC, I would strongly recommend our Jersey City Courtyard. Happy travelling.

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Virginia Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you had another choice you would prefer one of the other two Marriotts either the Springhill Suites or the Fairfield Inn and Suites, all three are right together. But the other two Springhill and Fairfield are newer and offer a free continental breakfast.

Good: Room clean and neat and the bed was comfortable.

Bad or Need Improvement: 1. AC System was up and down, did not function properly, would not turn on or would not turn off. Room 201. 2. Refrigerator placed under the sink, there is a place in the furniture for the refrigerator but the staff too lazy to place it in the furniture. Thrown under the sink like an after thought. 3. No microwave, you have to request a microwave and the one provided was beat up and barely worked. 4. Breakfast, they have a breakfast but it is over priced for what you get, so if your on a budget and the price of breakfast is included expect $20 more a night for two, consider this when booking.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SGB68, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Steven:

Thank you for your recent reviews of your stay at our hotel, I truly appreciate your input. I will be sure to have my engineering team check the room you stayed in; to ensure that everything is in place and in working order.
This hotel offers The Bistro as a dining choice for our guests; it is a fully serviced breakfast and dinner option for our customers featuring "We Proudly Brew Starbucks".
Marriott has many different hotel brands to suit all travelers including several that have complimentary breakfast and dinner snacks.
Courtyard Newark Liberty continues to reinvest in the property and we are well into a $700k upgrade budget with less than half the year gone, Happy Traveling.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here but could not rate it excellent because it was very difficult to find this hotel especially if you are not familiar with the Newark, NJ area.

My husband and I had to go to several other Courtyard by Marriott in the area in order to find this one. We called but the front desk didn't really give us specific directions. Other than that we had a good nights rest. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean and accommodated all 5 of us which is a plus since most hotels do not. The price was very reasonable that we were able to pay going back and forth to NYC everyday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SGB68, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Nasajat: Thank you so much for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us, I am delighted that your stay at our hotel was comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and ideal for your family of 5.
As for the NJ Highways and byways, they are indeed a challenge to navigate particularly around Newark Airport.
You will be glad to know that we are working very hard with NJ Department of Transport and local authorities to improve signage and possibly change some street names to make them GPS/SAT-NAV friendly.
In the meantime we have some great tips and tricks on our website a quick call to the hotel and our knowledgeable staff will be only too happy to assist. Happy traveling.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here for the first time and the place was clean, everything worked, and the staff was excellent. It is 1.5 miles from the airport, and right next to main roads, so convenient to travel. Despite being next to roads and the airport, it was very quiet.
You can take the hotel shuttle to the airport, and a train or bus to NYC fairly easily.
The food options are good, nothing fancy, but a fair selection of casual fare from the Bistro. I did get served some cold soup, but they took it off the bill.
I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed top level (of three) facing the courtyard, which was quite pleasant.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SGB68, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Michael:

Thank you very much for this very nice review, it really means a lot to us that you took the time to do so. I am delighted that we made your stay comfortable and you will be excitedd to know that the shuttle bus that you rode on; is now running on compressed natural gas, so it is green in color and green for the environment.
Also in the coming few weeks we will be placing new carpet in all our guest rooms, along with new gym equipment, as we continue to make improvements to the guest experience. Happy Traveling.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've been reading the reviews and trying to decide which hotel we should stay in close to the airport for our early flight out at 5:30 am to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary! We are a family of four and didn't want a room with two doubles as most of the hotels in the area have. My husband is a Marriott rewards member and prefers to stay in Marriott properties because of the great experiences he has had for business travel. I see there's a pool which my kids will love. I'm sorry we'll miss breakfast! Hoping for a restful (short) sleep for this trip of a lifetime! I'm assuming the shuttle will be able to get us to the airport at 4:00 am. I've booked the room - hope to have a wonderful stay!

Jen

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SGB68, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Looking forward to starting your special occasion with a great hotel experience; congratulations on this fantastic milestone in your life.
Our shuttle bus runs 24 hours per day. I would recommend getting the 3.30am shuttle, which of course is complimentary and is now running on compressed natural gas, (great for the environment). The van will drop you off at terminal P-4 where you catch the Airtrain to your departure terminal, on you return you will need to make it back to Terminal P-4 for a 15 after or 15 to shuttle back to the hotel.
Please reach out to me directly so that I can personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay at my hotel.
Happy Traveling
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Clean rooms friendly helpful staff and a great location if you are flying, not so much if you are working in town. Not much near by you must drive to Anything. A little difficult to get to so pay attention to directions.

Room Tip: Try not to get one facing the airport.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SGB68, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for this nice review, it really means a lot when a guest takes time out to lets us know about their experience. The team will be very excited to read that they are appreciated, I am very lucky to be part of this great group of folks who want to make a difference every day.
Indeed there is a challenge to locate many of the businesses on this stretch of road via GPS, so I highly recommend for drivers to plan their trip, visit our website or call the hotel directly for great tips and tricks.
For those guests who fly in via Newark Airport, we offer a 24 hour complimentary shuttle bus that picks up at Terminal P-4 at quarter past and quarter to every hour.
We are so excited to announce that we just had the inaugural run of our new shuttle van, which is a bright green color and runs on compressed natural gas, (CNG), green in color and green for the environment.
Happy traveling.
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have checked out the website for my trip in august.. Looking forward to staying at this hotel. My first trip to the new york area and trip advisory has help me a lot with my choice... i have also worked for the company for 15yrs. i do look forward to stayin at your property for my relaxing trip.. I have looked at so many marriotts in the area and trip advisory made this courtyard my choice... Thanks again trip advisory... Also i was very impress with the positive response the general manager had to every post...i loved it.see you all when i get there...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SGB68, General Manager at Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello Mallison, We are looking forward to taking care of you in August, please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask for me, so that I can personally ensure that you have a extra special stay with us. Happy travelling Gary B. (GM)

Been to Courtyard Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!