“The portion of paella is overwhelming!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Forno's of Spain Restaurant

Forno's of Spain Restaurant
47 Ferry St, Newark, NJ 07105-1443 (North Ironbound)
973-589-4767
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Forno's of Spain Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 453 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: We are located a two blocks away from Newark Penn Station and New Jersey Transit, which is walking distance.
Norfolk, Virginia
“The portion of paella is overwhelming!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My Lady and I had a double-date with my older daughter and her husband for dinner. Forno’s was selected by my daughter. The four of us began from my daughter’s house in Philadelphia and he drove the nearly 100 miles, one-way, to Newark. I used to dine at Forno’s a few decades ago, and it is still as I remembered it.

We had sangria (average), garlic escargot (very good), Italian salad (very good), olives (very good) and bread (very good). My daughter and son-in-law each ordered lobster tail (20 oz) which came with 2 sides. My Lady and I each ordered paella (good+). One order of paella shared between the two of us would have been more than enough. My daughter was the only one who ordered dessert, but I tasted it (good +).

With the exception of one awkward moment, the service was great.

We enjoyed our dining experience, which was better than average. The next time I dine in Newark, however, will probably be at Iberia’s, Forno’s immediate competitor.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Middletown, NJ
“Excellent food and service every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were at Fornos of Spain last night and as always the service and food were wonderful. The waiter suggested I have the tilefish with cilantro and tomatoes (the preparation wasn't on the menu). I had it and it was delicious, fresh, and huge. My husband had crispy duck, delicious also. They give you so many sides, rice, vegetables, and crispy homemade chips. I often get the shrimp scampi with risotto which is also delicious. My daughter loves the garlic shrimp. The scallops with crabmeat, the grilled prawns,the steak just to name a few are delicious. As you can see this is a terrific restaurant and even though it is out of the way for us we make sure we go there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great place, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

classy environment. Service top notch. Lengthy list of daily specials and large menu. Service was top notch and prompt. Portions are huge with most people in resturant taking leftovers home. A great choice and you get your money's worth

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“A bit of Spain in New Jersey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We often eat here when we are taking a flight from Newark Airport - you can get here a few hours before check-in, relax with a great lunch or dinner knowing you're only 10 minutes from the Terminals. The service is excellent, the food is delicious and the portions are enormous. I'd recommend ordering one meal for two people - you'll still have plenty to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, NY
“Share your entree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Food was and service was very good, but there were 4 of us and we ordered a couple of delicious appetizers and each of us
ordered an entree......they were huge.....will share next time esp since appetizers are so good!