“Hearty...and loud.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fernandes 2 Steak House

Fernandes 2 Steak House
158 Fleming Ave, Newark, NJ 07105 (North Ironbound)
(973) 589-4344
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
“Hearty...and loud.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

After reading negative reviews, I determined once again that, people have no idea what they're talking about! The food was delicious, and served piping hot - although it took AGES to get it. A definite go to spot to have a great meal. Of the 3 other people in my group, 2 had chicken parm - really? You come to a meat palace/rodizio style restaurant to have chicken parm?! And the other, grilled chicken. I told them next time go to an Italian or regular restaurant because they're not coming out with me anymore. I had the Churascarria de Fernandes which is a pile of delicioso bella meat! I'm glad I did because rodizio style would have kicked my butt. The calimari and shrimp cocktail app's were good...a pitcher of Sangria $25 though? Not thrilled about that 1, but overall a good experience. And the place is huge!

Brooklyn, New York
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My and my fiance have been going to this place for over a year once a month. we live in Staten island. If your looking for rodizio than this is the best place in Newark hands downs. The food has always been consistent the service is great. If they bring a meat that is to rare or overcooked just ask and they would bring you a piece that is more to your liking. don't forget to ask for the chicken hearts.

• Visited September 2012
New Jersey
“Stars for the sangria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This review is a bit late, but we visited this place for a friend's birthday. Four of us were early, but they were nice enough to seat us. However, we noticed that there were two different tables for one group of about twelve. When we inquired about putting the tables together, they gave us a hard time but eventually relented. Let's be clear- a reservation was made WAY in advance so this seating problem should not have occurred.

While the rest of the group got the rodizio, I opted for the seafood paella. It was a great choice for me, and I got full off of the seafood. When I had the rice the next day, it was just okay- nothing to rave about. From what I gather from the others, the rodizio was good. The sangria, however, is just fabulous. But beware- it tastes so good that you forget you are drinking alchol. Needless to say, I felt it later that night.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Orange, New Jersey, USA
“Go for the experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I went as we had never tried rodizio before. The food was average but I would still recommend going at least once for the service and the experience.

NYC
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Fernandes is a rodizio steakhouse. No cards needed as the food just keeps coming! You start off with a perfecct size salad bar with just the right selections...the bread was so good we kept asking for more (next time we will control ourselves and save room for all of the wonderful meats!) We also ordered a few appi's...Garlic shrip...DELISH!!! Clams and Spanish sausage...to die for!!!! One of my sons did not want rodizio so he ordered a steak....OMG this thing was a monster sitting in such a flavorful broth, it was almost like a pot-roast...Melted in your mouth!! Then the rodizio....meat....The first few meats offered were decent AND THEN THEY BROUGHT OUT THE GOOD STUFF...Top shelf varieties of steak that also melted in your mouth...the lamb was delish..tooooo many toooo list....and they end with grilled pineapples! We were 20 people of all age groups and everyone was more than glad we went. My 14 year old said he want to go back for his birthday. No arguements here! We loved it!

• Visited July 2012