“This is the real deal of spanish food sooo worth it to go!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spanish Sangria

Spanish Sangria
157 Magazine St, Newark, NJ 07105-3435 (North Ironbound)
973 344 9286
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 453 restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: North Ironbound
Youngstown, Ohio
“This is the real deal of spanish food sooo worth it to go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was staying at a hotel nearby and was looking for proper reviews in a good place to eat and I found Spanish sangria it was 1 of the best results and also best Spanish food that I have ever had the atmosphere was very friendly in the owner came around to give everybody some cured meat which were excellent the waiters and were very attentive and it was a very nice place very clean and very well maintained put together I would definitely go back again it was a very nice restaurant and it was also a bargain in the fish and everything else was excellent

• 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Kearny, New Jersey
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have dined here several times. My husband's firehouse has had their Christmas parties there because we have recommended them. We dined there two nights ago and I was so disappointed. I ordered Grilled Jumbo Shrimp. The shrimp were small. They were about two inches from tip to tail. I have dined at many Spanish/Portuguese restaurants and know that there was no way they were jumbo. I wasn't expecting prawns but this was ridiculous. My husband ordered boneless chicken in garlic sauce and that was very dry. The fried calamari was good. Our desserts were good. We didn't get a chance to finish the lattes because they were so hot there was no way you can drink them. I like my coffee hot but even after putting an ice cube in it we still couldn't finish it. Definitely was ashamed to have spent $95 on dinner and not enjoy it. Needeless to say, my husband called the firehouse and we won't be having our party there this year.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mainesburg
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had been to this restaurant many times, and each time was not disappointed. The staff were pleasant, and service good. The only draw back were that tables were close together and some of the other patrons were rude, loud and constantly on their cellphones.
The shrimp in garlic sauce was my favorite as well as the sangria. I've moved out of the area, but if I were visiting the area, I would go back.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Returning after eight years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Our experience was so outstanding that I searched out the place, all the way from South Carolina.

We just happened upon the place and walked through the bar to get to the dining room.

Ignore the creepy neighborhood, the folks inside are muy simpático .

“very good seafood place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

1 of the better seafood places I've been to the fish was cooked to perfection the sangria taste great highly recommended

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere