“Quality & excellence at low price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Newark
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Quality & excellence at low price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We passes 2 différents 3 days at this hotel between a trip in Wildwood
Staff are excellent
The breakfast is completed and various
Rooms are clean
Acess to New York city with the shuttle of the hotel is on time

Room Tip: Perfect place to stay at a low cost for New York 3 days
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Roanoke, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel before a cruise. This time, it seemed to be a different experience. The hotel was very clean, but the staff was indifferent to borderline rude.

The positives of the trip are that we had a spectacular view of downtown Manhattan. The sunset with the buildings and the Freedom Tower in clear view were stellar. As I mentioned above, the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the hotel had free breakfast.

The not so positives: I was checked in by Andrew who didn't address me by name, didn't acknowledge my tier status, didn't say welcome back, and most rudely, didn't end his call to help me. I was using points for the room, perhaps this is why I didn't get a warm welcome. Also, breakfast was mediocre at best. The sausage was hideous. The eggs were watery. But, the waffles were good.

Overall, an overage stay, but will look for another hotel in Newark/Bayonne area in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a Manhattan view toom on the upper floors...its spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Central PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here in May on a Park-n-Fly rate. Room (a King with a sofabed) was clean and spacious. Shower was great, towels a little thin & chintzy. Didn't need the microwave/fridge that came with the room, but I'm sure others would find it handy. Room was oddly laid out--not necessarily a bad thing, it was just so different than most other hotel rooms, I found it oddly disconcerting. You can hear a little bit of road noise inside the room, but it didn't bother us (we turned the A/C off...if you left it on you would never notice). Front desk service was pleasant and professional, as was the shuttle driver.

We left too early in the day to partake of the breakfast. The shuttle driver was on time and we were at the airport in minutes. Shuttle leaves at top of the hour and 30 min. after the hour. Be advised that this hotel shares a shuttle with the other properties right nearby: Fairfield & Courtyard. This wasn't an issue during our visit, but I wonder how full the shuttle can get at peak times. Be advised that when you return to EWR, you need to ride the airport train thing to P4 and wait for the shuttle to make its rounds: at 15 and 45 after the hour. It was on time when we were there and took us right to our hotel, since we were the only ones on it.

The biggest problem we had with this hotel is that it is very hard to leave the hotel and get on I-78 going west. We asked the shuttle driver for directions, and he happily gave them, but either we didn't understand them or we took an inadvertent wrong turn and we ended up circling the spaghetti network of roads around EWR for a good 20 minutes trying to follow any sign to I-78. This is what I mean by "hard to leave". We had no problems driving *to* the hotel--very easy for us to find off of I-78 eastbound, but hard to escape that tangle of roads and find your way out if you are going westbound. I'm still not sure exactly how we did escape. I would have given this 4 stars if not for this rather traumatic experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here for about a week with the intention of seeking medical treatment in NY. I had a couple days where I just rested comfortably in this hotel & had no issues except the a/c kept going on despite my turning it off. I appreciated the free hotel shuttle & breakfast. The hotel itself was packed with teenagers (marching band groups, etc). I didn't hear a lot of noise but the breakfast area had a line! You can get picked up from P4 by hotel shuttle and vice versa to get around to NY but you will have to take an airtrain (free) & NJ transit train (12.50 one way) & it brings you to Penn Station. From Penn station there are lots of subways available. I did see an opportunity for a shuttle to a mall but it was a small charge. The hotel is sandwiched btwn 2 highways & you can hear some traffic but not too bad. I wish there were nearby stores or restaurants to walk to around here, nothing! I did go to Courtyard one night & ate at their bistro & another night I stocked up on dinner, lunch & dinner by ordering from Tony's delivery menu. I appreciated the microwave & mini frig b/c I was able to buy some water/drinks/snacks while out in NY & didn't have to leave much or spend money in their super spendy market. Front desk was friendly, helpful & I appreciated this. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We booked this room through priceline for a single, late night arrival. After figuring out where to get the hotel airport shuttle, we were there within ten minutes(thr hotel is very close to the airport, but road routes make the trip that long).
Check-in was very quick and easy. Getting into the room it was very large and clean. The living and bedroom area were modernly updated. The bathroom was a little outdated, although the sink area was seperated from the shower and toilet. That was nice for getting ready in the morning. The room also had a small wetbar area with small fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
The breakfast in the morning was included and ok. Normal hotel breakfast stuff- yogurt, muffins, bagels, toast and fruits. There were also eggs and sausage in a hot area. Small area for breakfast, so it got tight with a school band group that was there.
Netx to the front desk is a little "market" with toiletries and things you could buy as well as complimentry coffee and tea 24 hours. I really liked that! A hot tea to relax before bed was nice.
We woukd stay here again for sure.
Next to the front desk is

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early if you dont like to be around lots of people. This hotel woukd be great for...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Close to the airport, but very difficult to navigate to from the airport. I'm a very good navigator and did not get to it on the first try. Instructions from car rental pace were a page long. Google Maps directions were slightly wrong. A GPS might help.

But if you come in on their shuttle it is easier. It runs 24/7. Take the Air Train (free) to P4 where you can pick it up. It runs every 30 minutes.

Shuttle to air train to NJ Transit into the city takes 45 - 60 minutes. $25 round trip.

The inside is a little worn, but still nice. Room was clean and shower was fine. Has microwave, fridge, and sink but minimal dishes and silverware (look inside the microwave).

Breakfast is free (and crowded). Wifi is free.

Pretty good deal for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
North Hartland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had just travelled from a really nice hotel and then checked into here........what a disappointment. It smelled funny. I think they updated a few things but they forgot the carpet. It smelled a bit musty. They have a great kitchenette in the room (microwave, sink, coffemaker, fridge); couch (with my king size bed) and desk. Full size blow dryer was stuck in the closet so it took me a few minutes to find it. Tub was old and a few chips in it. I did like the fact that someone can get ready when someone else is showering (in privacy). Not worth the $150 that I paid.
If you are trying to drive yourself here from the airport, I'd suggest following the shuttle bus. It was VERY CONFUSING to get here. I used my GPS on my phone and it brought me to a residential area with NO hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!