“Close to New York / NYU” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport

You added SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Newark
GreenLeadersBronze level
Herndon, VA
“Close to New York / NYU”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I needed a hotel for one night and close to NYU for my wife, daughter (age 11), and I to stay. After some searching, the rate for this hotel was very attractive compared to other area hotels in Newark, Jersey City, and East Rutherford. The hotel and room were clean. The complimentary breakfast was adequate. Having recently stayed an SpringHill Suites near Philadelphia International Airport, I was expecting Chupa Chups at the check-in desk, but they were no where to be found. All in all, a good value hotel if you just need a short stay near the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rugby, Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and I visited this hotel on a trip from the U.K. Due to the fact that we were landing about 8pm, we wanted a hotel close to the airport. We were only staying for one night before we traveling into Manhatten for our remaining 2 nights in New York.
We landed at Newark in the early hours after a 5 hour delay to our flight. The free shuttle was excellent and even at 2am in the morning we only had to wait 10 minutes.
On arrival at the hotel was suprised to see the staff we friendly, alert and very helpful.
Our room was large, clean with nice big TV. The bathroom was also large, clean with fresh smelling towels.
Breakfast was amazing with make your own waffles, toast, bagels, eggs, fruit, jucie, coffee and more.
Booked through expedia and one night was £60 ($95) and was very good value. Free shuttle returned us to the airport next day and we got the train from Newark airport to Manhatten at at cost of $12.50 each.
Overall an excellent hotel and we will be staying again if we fly into Newark.
The management should be proud of this hotel and their staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good location, convenient airport transfer shuttles, neat and clean rooms, helpful front desk, good breakfast. Only problem, no restaurant attached to this hotel, but you can call for food to be delivered to your room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family decided to stay an extra day in New Jersey to do some shopping at the Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall after our cruise. We arrived at the Cape Liberty port and our flight back home would be from the Newark Airport. I choose this location because it was close to all locations.

I booked a room with 2 double beds and a sofabed for a one night stay for four people. It was a pretty good sized room for all of us. There is a sofa, desk, kitchenette (microwave, sink, mini fridge), bathroom sink, and in a separate area the toilet and bath/shower.

It was clean, but my only complaint was that all four pillows on each bed were very soft. I wished they had variety of firmness. The matress was also very soft, which meant I didn't get a good nights sleep. Sometimes this is the dealbreaker, BUT, because there are so many complimentary services that this hotel provides, it makes up for it.

The complimentary servies are:
1) Unlimited Coffee and Tea at the front lobby
2) Dedicated computer for printing out your boarding pass. I didn't have to pay to have it printed out!
3) Breakfast in the morning included hot and cold items. From scrambelled eggs, toast, oatmeal, waffles, juice and more.
4) Airport shuttle service was every half an hour and runs 24 hours! In comparison to the other hotel airport shuttles, the Springhill shuttle was by far the cleanest and largest shuttle. I was very happy with that.
5) Wi-Fi was good

If you plan on going shopping at Jersey Gardens, take the complimentary airport shuttle to Terminal A (Hotel Shuttle drop off), then wait for the Jersey Gardens shuttle. They arrive about every half hour. It costs $5 one way, and $9 round trip. Cheaper than taking the taxi. The ride is only around 10mins!

Room Tip: Since it's so close to the airport, I doubt you can avoid the sound of the planes going by. The...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 days at this hotel and have to say that it was a really good value and experience. The staff was very friendly and quick to help in any way possible. They provide a full breakfast...much nicer than continental breakfast. It's definately hard to find this hotel but we had no problem as we used taxis. This hotel does not have a restaurant/bar but they will shuttle you to the nearby Marriott Courtyard which has reasonable menu choices. The rooms are large, clean and free wi-fi. Would we stay here again.....yes.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and east side has NYC skyline view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I were chaperone's for a high school sponsored trip to New York city. Our group took up about 20 rooms in the hotel. We stayed 3 nights. The room my wife and I had was a king room with a separate seating area and a desk. The room was clean and looked nice. The bathroom was a little snug with the toilet right next to the shower. The shower head was nice and we never ran out of hot water. There were other high school groups in the hotel at the same time, but the hallway and rooms were quiet. Each day for breakfast, since we had a big group they put us in a conference room so our group could eat together. They supplied us with all the continental breakfast fixings. There is a pool, but we had no time to use it. There are no restaurants on premises so you would need to drive to go and eat lunch or dinner. If just my family and I were going to New York city, I would stay in the city, But, since this was a school trip and we had bus transportation to and from NY each day this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was disappointed in this hotel, especially since it's owned by Marriot. Everything was clean and the staff were very helpful, but the hotel itself was not as nice as what I was hoping. Also, the location is crazy, it was impossible to find! The GPS lead us to a different hotel! When we told the man at the desk, he said the coordinates are incorrect in the GPSn, so just a tip, if you are using a GPS, CALL THE HOTEL! They will give you the correct lat/long to put into the GPS! I wish I'd known this, it would have saved us a HUGE headache.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the North end, away from the highway (although they're all about the same).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!