“Great stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Newark Downtown

You added Courtyard Newark Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Newark Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   858 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102 (Newark Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Nutley, New Jersey
“Great stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed one night. Great location. New, clean & quiet. The staff is pleasant. Check in & out was quick and without incident. Accommodated late check out request. Good buffalo wings. Although not a deal breaker, I didn't care for the parking arrangement.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while doing business in Newark. It was in close proximity to the federal courthouse. Overall this hotel was great. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was very nice. I had an issue which management addressed. What was great was the follow up from management, that you rarely get from hotel management at other hotels. I used their shuttle service to and from the hotel which was wonderful. I will have to travel more to Newark for work and I think I will always choose this hotel for my future stays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newark_CY_AGM, Manager at Courtyard Newark Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We appreciate your review StarA00. We look forward to seeing you soon, please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can assist you for your further travels.

Hyde Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

New York transit is only about a 10 minute walk and then another 20 minute ride into Penn Station, NYC. It is so hard to find a hotel in NYC that one can afford but this one filled the bill. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Just what you would expect from a Courtyard Hotel. There didn't seem to be anything decent with regards to restaurants in the local area so I think NYC is a good choice. Round trip ticket on NJ Transit runs around $10.00

Room Tip: If you drive your car there, they charge you $21.00 for the night. You go inside and get your ticke...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

A week before my stay, I received an email from the manager welcoming me along with parking instructions as well as information on the shuttle. Staff at the front desk as well as the bistro were friendly and the lounge area is really welcoming. Rooms were really nice and large.
Just be careful, the shuttle cost 25.00 and its only a 5 minute ride.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Newark_CY_AGM, Manager at Courtyard Newark Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello Alexsandra. Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. For future stays at our hotel please know that we provide a complimentary shuttle for our guests to Newark Penn Station and Newark Airport. If something different occurred during your stay please contact me directly at the hotel (973) 848-0070.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

First be aware that the airport shuttle runs only once an hour. As of now it departs the Hotel Shuttle area P4 at 40 minutes after each hour. Hotel check-in was friendly, and fast. Beautiful lobby, bar and dinning area. The lobby is located on the second floor. Elevators and hotel room doors are accesible by your key card. Rooms are very nice, large bed, flat screen TV, free wifi, nice bathroom which was spotless. There is a Bistro and bar on the lobby level, light meals can be purchased and the one I had for dinner was very good. Check-out was also quick and the shuttle left right on time, which as of this review on the hour. The street that the hotel is located on is not an area that I would recommend walking around at night, this street may be going through redevelopement, but at this time it is a distressed sight to see.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that does not face Broad Street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had the pleasure in staying at the new "Coutyard" hotel in Downtown Newark. The Hotel is well laid out, very nice spacious room, and a wonderful staff. I checked in Friday afternoon. I decided to take the train into NYC. The Front Desk staff told be the route, advised me on where to go, etc. At one point, I left my cell phone charger @ home, and the girl at the Front desk lent me hers!

Room Tip: I would suggest that you ask for a room facing the Prudential Arena. The view won't be great, b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review Canuckwilltravel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to help you, consistent with the expectations of service we expect at Marriott. We hope to see you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Check in was a breeze. The hotel is new and very nice. The rooms are very nice as well. Fridge, coffee maker, and iPod docking station in the room. I placed an order from the Bistro and the server was friendly and accommodating because I needed my smoothie to be non-dairy. One thing to note is you do have to walk out of the parking garage and around the corner to the hotel but it takes about 2 minutes. There is no inside bridge connecting the hotel and parking garage. I called for extra pillows and a blanket and it was delivered right away. Housekeeping staff was very nice as well.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room and not a street view. Newark never sleeps and you will hear outside noise al...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple