“Great Diner for the Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Harrogate England
“Great Diner for the Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hit the spot- clean efficient friendly helpful service and pleasing on the eye- 1950's Americana. Good sized portions and generally very god all round. Menu is somewhat limited in variety- burgers and salads and sandwiches being the staple.
Particularly impressed with the staff service especially for an Airport.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“A Blast from the Past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was looking for someplace in the airport terminal to have a little lunch. I had more than an hour between flights and knew there would be someplace that would work out. This place fit the bill and more, it brought back memories of my childhood when a diner was a place to have good old fashioned food with booths and even jukeboxes at the tables. No jukeboxes here...but little tables with red padded seats. The menu was just perfect for my needs. I'd had a large breakfast, so did not want their burgers and fries which looked fabulous (I watched a family of 5 dive into their lunch which also included yummy looking onion rings.) I found exactly what I wanted on their varied menu. I got a wonderful breakfast dish which is available all day called a Cinnamon Roll French Toast. It was delicious and came with either bacon or sausage. The waiters were pleasant and helpful. I had my requested drink in less than 5 minutes of sitting down. My order was just perfect and I had leftovers to take home for my husband to sample. It is the kind of place that works well for travelers without a lot of extra time. Good food, efficient service, and more than a little nostalgia too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“OK food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant is a tight squeeze with carry on luggage, but the both the host and my server were friendly. I ordered a hamburger and fries. The burger was dry and quite charred on one side. There were not a lot of fries, which was fine because mine were cold anyway. Although there were empty tables and the restaurant was not busy, I felt as if I was rushed out as soon as I had finished my burger.

The price is a little high, but not out of line with other airport food locations. The food quality was OK, but not great. The service was good. I am willing to believe that my poor quality food was just bad luck, so might be willing to give the place another try on my next trip through the airport.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dietikon, Switzerland
“Great burgers, great milkshake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food at Ruby's Diner is affordable and personnel is reasonably friendly.
The "Ruby Doobie Double Cheeseburger" might be the best burger of its kind I ever had. The "Oreo Cookie Fantasy Milk Shake" was great, and I even got extra ice cream to refill the shake. You only get very few fries with your burger, though.
The bill was brought without request and before we were done eating.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“A Great Place to Take a Break between Flights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ruby's Diner, in Terminal C at the Newark Airport is a great place to grab a burger between flights. Our server, Valerie, was full of smiles when we travelled through in February. I had the cheeseburger and my husband had the hickory burger. Both came with fries and were presented in a basket lined with red and white paper. Both burgers were generous in size and in flavour. The giant model plane adds to the decor and, overall it's a bright and cheery place. We'll likely stop in again when we fly through Newark.

• Visited February 2013