“First and last time I eat here” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 453 restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Copenhagen, Denmark
“First and last time I eat here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Had three hours to kill in Newark coming from Copenhagen flying to Orlando and chose the Grand Central Oyster Bar & Reastaurant as I was in the mood for some sea food. Calling what they serve sea food would be an exaggeration and I truly believe that the fries were picked up at McDonalds. An advise.....dont go there.....I just saw that the Wine Bar close by had a better review - I will go there next time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

43% Recommend
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Service is lame. Wine prices are high.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I don't mind paying $12 for a glass of pinot noir. I do mind paying $12 for Cavit pinot noir that sells for $7.99 in the store.

They definitely need another waiter (6 PM on Sunday the 13th). Really slow service and bit the lone waiters fault.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paget Parish, Bermuda
“A place with taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

A place quiet easy to find and food expectation was very surprising , so was the service
Great ambiance with excellent food and service
Four of us two Caesar salad with shrimps and lump crab, and two lobster rolls
Again excellent compliment to the chef.
I a, a restaurant owner in Bermuda and I do appreciate good food and service
I be back

Visited December 2012
“Big Rip - off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

This certainly a place to stay away from . One large rip off . I travel all the time . In and out of airports all over the world . This is the worst .

I had the clam chowder , the bowl was half empty , and don't go looking for any clams if you are short in time . And I also made the mistake of ordering fried oysters , not on the menu but they said they had them ? Well that was a plate of fries and 5 tiny oysters with only one where you could actually taste the oyster . More of an appetizer but not the price . They charged $30 just for the oysters

I will never go back and would not recommend it unless you are making a documentary movie on places to avoid .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I live in airports and this was my 2nd time at this place. Both times it was disgusting. The bar and menus and drink glasses were filthy. The staff is more interested in talking to each other then waiting on you. I had soup the 1st time which was edible but not great. This time I had fish and chips and it was awful. It was dry, and tasted like freezerburn. I will not be wasting my money there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere