“Good location, good service and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   618 Rts 1 & 9 S, Newark, NJ 07114   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Newark
Surat, India
“Good location, good service and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My recent usa trip was best as I travelled with my family. We had flight cancelation so air line gave us voucher to stay in this hotel. We took shuttle and we were there in few min. It was just across the air port. We checked in and went to room it was nice and clean. Specious as well. Internet works well. The staff was friendly and helped us with our question. We had good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
HOUSTON, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. It's a nice enough hotel and relatively convenient to the airport. To get the hotel from the airport, if you want to take their shuttle, it leaves just twice an hour. You also need to take the airport tram to the airport pickup area. So you can expect to spend at least 30 minutes to an hour to get to the hotel. The same for the shuttle coming back, but at least you have a bit more control over that. I was stayed here and used the shuttle, tram, train to get to NYC. It really took a fair amount of planning but doable. If you get a car, the hotel is the midst of a maze of roads which make it a challenge to reach, although they have put more signage.

The rooms are roomy and well equipped,wireless internet is good. The serve a reasonable breakfast but for dinner, you'll need to go out and there is nothing close by. This time, I picked up something to go in the airport and took it with me.

Room Tip: This was my first time staying on the west side of the hotel and I did notice a lot more noise from...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

There is a cluster of hotels at this offsite location central to Newark's Liberty airport. We used a search engine and booked this one because of price ($148) and airport shuttle, especially important at 4:30 am.
There is a strange odor throughout the hotel, particularly on hallways and elevator. The carpets are dirty. Really dirty. Sweaty dirty. Wear socks to bed dirty. The room also smelled. The ac was working (92 degrees outside) but sputtered and groaned throughout the night chugging through its on and off cycle. The vent was caked with dust. We were breathing that circulated air. The bed was comfortable but both me and my son woke with little bites on our necks, legs and backside. Notice I didn't say bedbugs. As for food, and if you don't want a bag of chips or a cookie, you must walk along the service road parallel to the highway, and visit the neighboring hotel (courtyard by Marriott) and get something from their bistro's limited menu. We had decent hummus and raw vegetables. Wine and beer were also available at the bistro should you want to numb your senses before heading back to the staff friendly but rank Fairfield Suites.

• Stayed June 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Flying into and out of the NY-NJ area can be such a hassle, but this lovely hotel erases the bad memories of the Holland Tunnel backups and every other driver knowing where to go except yourself! The hotel gave us a list of nearby restaurants for a decent meal. We managed to book a rate that was quite reasonable for the area. The room was clean, well maintained and comfortable for us. Further, we were able to return the car after dinner the night before our flight, took the airport tram to stop P4 where the hotel shuttle picked us up promptly and returned us to the hotel. Breakfast service, included with our rate, is said to begin at 6 a.m. and was already prepared by the time we arrived at 5:55 a.m.! The meal provided us with a nice start to our day. We had reserved a seat on the 7 a.m. run of the shuttle (they leave every 30 minutes 24-7!) and arrived at the airport in plenty of time. This was the perfect choice for us!

Room Tip: There are 3 Marriott properties all together depending on what you wish to spend. I believe our hot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great location, good shuttle service, and staff was wonderful. Hotel,is in really great shape. Rooms clean and comfortable. I came in late, with a lot of other people on shuttle. Staff was efficient and courteous , and got us all checked in fast and to our rooms. Small shop next to check in desk where you can purchase food, drinks, and small,items for room is handy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed at this location quite a number of times and they are really improving this location with amazing service, nice rooms with wi-fi now. However the wi-fi is not free which is always a disappointment for me. They have renovated their lounge and restaurant very nicely, with excellent food. I had the classic French onion soup which is a meal itself. The staff are extremely friendly with fast service. If you're just overnighting in Newark I would recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We checked in late to the Marriott Newark Liberty Airport hotel on Sunday night. It was past mid-night and both our 5 and 4 year old were asleep. Somehow JQ awoke long enough to walk in on her own, but we had to carry YV.

Since it was so late, I parked the rented SUV up front and told the check-in lady that I was going to do a couple of trips to get all of our stuff up to the room, and then go return the car. She said it would be fine to leave out front for a while.

We had a spacious double full bed room, and they had already pre-set up the crib we requested. I placed YV in the crib and she just kept sleeping away! That was tremendously helpful of the hotel staff... if we had to wait for someone to bring in and then setup... that might have awoken her.

The rental car (Avis) return center was just a short drive from the hotel, and no one else was returning a vehicle. One reason I like to do things really early in the morning or extremely late night is because it all goes so much faster! A quick Air-Tram ride back to Terminal A... and I was ready to get to the Marriott hotel shuttle. But it was a bit confusing with the signs pointing arrows back up above the baggage claim area for "hotel shuttles"... so I ran out to the Taxi stand, and asked an attendant... who was extremely helpful. I pointed to the Marriott hotel across from the parking lot and said that's the shuttle I need. To wit: he replied that I go down one level via a narrow staircase, and then walk out to the curbside where there are signs for the Marriott shuttle.

A call, and quick few minutes response and I was back on my way to the hotel again.

In the morning... I woke up the family around 4:30 am... and we went back downstairs, and already the shuttle was in full force! That's another great thing about this hotel... the 24 hour shuttle bus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport

Address: 618 Rts 1 & 9 S, Newark, NJ 07114
Location: United States > New Jersey > Newark
Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Newark
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Marriott, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
Fairfield Inn Newark
Fairfield Newark
Newark Fairfield Inn

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.