“Getting the WOW factor right now.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   618 Rts 1 & 9 S, Newark, NJ 07114   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Newark
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Getting the WOW factor right now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed at this location quite a number of times and they are really improving this location with amazing service, nice rooms with wi-fi now. However the wi-fi is not free which is always a disappointment for me. They have renovated their lounge and restaurant very nicely, with excellent food. I had the classic French onion soup which is a meal itself. The staff are extremely friendly with fast service. If you're just overnighting in Newark I would recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We checked in late to the Marriott Newark Liberty Airport hotel on Sunday night. It was past mid-night and both our 5 and 4 year old were asleep. Somehow JQ awoke long enough to walk in on her own, but we had to carry YV.

Since it was so late, I parked the rented SUV up front and told the check-in lady that I was going to do a couple of trips to get all of our stuff up to the room, and then go return the car. She said it would be fine to leave out front for a while.

We had a spacious double full bed room, and they had already pre-set up the crib we requested. I placed YV in the crib and she just kept sleeping away! That was tremendously helpful of the hotel staff... if we had to wait for someone to bring in and then setup... that might have awoken her.

The rental car (Avis) return center was just a short drive from the hotel, and no one else was returning a vehicle. One reason I like to do things really early in the morning or extremely late night is because it all goes so much faster! A quick Air-Tram ride back to Terminal A... and I was ready to get to the Marriott hotel shuttle. But it was a bit confusing with the signs pointing arrows back up above the baggage claim area for "hotel shuttles"... so I ran out to the Taxi stand, and asked an attendant... who was extremely helpful. I pointed to the Marriott hotel across from the parking lot and said that's the shuttle I need. To wit: he replied that I go down one level via a narrow staircase, and then walk out to the curbside where there are signs for the Marriott shuttle.

A call, and quick few minutes response and I was back on my way to the hotel again.

In the morning... I woke up the family around 4:30 am... and we went back downstairs, and already the shuttle was in full force! That's another great thing about this hotel... the 24 hour shuttle bus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vista, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I got stuck here, instead of the Marriott coming back from a trip to NYC. I took a late train from Penn then a early flight back to San Diego and stayed here overnight. This place is another good value. I'm astonished at how well Marriott has gotten these places tuned up. Per another review I just posted the consistency in the Marriott properties is pretty amazing. I have stayed at Fairfields in the past and this one felt a bit more upscale. Coffee and croissants pretty good. Now if they could only get EWR to fly faster!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sugar Land
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was extremely difficult to find. My iPhone GPS could not find it. There are very confusing entry ramps to freeways all the way around Newark and the hotel is behind another hotel with zero signs showing it exists, excluding tiny road signs evident in the daytime only. I called the hotel and a very helpful gentleman stayed on the phone with me the whole time. That made things much easier for me. He said, he had to do it all the time. The rooms were interesting. All suites with small living rooms and separate bedrooms. It would have been useful if traveling with a family. The sofa made into a bed. The bath was okay. The towels were below average, but it was very clean. The sheets were not as soft as I like, but there were decent pillows, a good TV, and lots of space. This hotel has no restaurant, except for an okay, free breakfast bar. I had to order pizza from some place in Elizabeth? I think that was the city. It took an hour and the person on the phone was extremely rude from the first words he said. The hotel needs to let someone else have that business. This hotel would do better if they had signs - BIG signs, anywhere before the turn to their location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I stay at the Fairfield Inn three times a year. This is a great location and easy to get to. It is convenient to Newark and the airport.
The staff is always nice. I usually check in late at night, and they make the end of the long day enjoyable.
The rooms are your typical FI rooms, but still very nice and they have a good work space and desk.
The breakfast is included in the room rate. They keep the breakfast dining room very clean and well stocked. The waffles are great.
The parking lot is a secure lot. You are in Newark....

• Stayed March 2013
Lockerbie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a free shuttle bus from station P4 at Newark airport. Use it!! If you are on a fly drive, renting a car from the airport, make sure you research the exact route in advance. The address could not be found on the sat nav. You can see the hotel from the roads around the airport, it's really not far, but the route is via an extremely complex system of feeder roads, one way roads, highway intersections and round an old scrap yard. All this, in the dark and for the first time, can be intimidating. We visited the hotel for a second time (because it was very good) from a slightly different direction, during the day, and still found it very hard to find. If you miss one single turn, you can be miles away before getting to turn back!!

That said, what a budget priced gem of a hotel when you get there. Very clean, modern standard rooms, dark conditions and quiet. All you need really in an airport hotel. For £68 we had a family of four room and as much breakfast as we could help ourselves to in the morning. There is even a spa and pool, but we didn't get a chance due to time constraints. We really were amazed at the price. Also, we used this place to park our car while we spent a weekend in NYC at another hotel in Manhattan. It was only 15 dollars a day, compared to the stress of driving into NYC and parking at as much as fifty dollars a day.

However, do not take the taxi from the hotel. Not directly a hotel employee, but he fleeced us for a one way trip of 100 dollars. Ok, there are toll charges but still, terrible value. Go instead to the airport and get the train to Penn Station and thereafter the subway. Much cheaper. 12 dollars 50 cents per person one way.

Above all, I would stay here again if I was using Newark airport.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Even though this hotel is close to Newark Airport, it's difficult to find - more so at night. Take the wrong turn and you will end up in downtown Newark. And using GPS did not help us navigate here either. Hotel staff had to verbally walk us through how to get here.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport

Address: 618 Rts 1 & 9 S, Newark, NJ 07114
Location: United States > New Jersey > Newark
Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Newark
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
Fairfield Inn Newark
Fairfield Newark
Newark Fairfield Inn

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.