You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Newark
New England
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed as part of a park and fly package and were quite pleased with the staff and service.
The room was clean and convenient. I understand why many found it hard to find. Coming in from route 78 east, the hotel is visible and is passed on the exit ramp off of 78. You need to stay to the right as you exit the ramp as the driveway is not well marked.
There is a small bar and limited food offerings next door and the walk is behind the hotel on a private road connecting the hotels. Careful as most do not expect you to be walking in the street.
The shuttle drove us directly to the gate as it was an international flight. However, we did not know how to catch the shuttle upon our return as we were not told how to do so. We called another hotel to get the Farifield's number (Fairfield was not listed on those at the baggage claim)
Simply let future guests know that they should take the monorail to P4. The Farfield shuttle runs 15 minutes before and after the hour.
We'll stay here again as it is a great value and the parking deal is excellent for the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I sat in the lobby and every guest who had to drive to the hotel commented how it is to find. If you plan to stay call and get detailed directions. You can't rely on you gps.

There is no restaurant but you can walk to the other Marriott which has a limited menu. To get there you have to walk around the high fences or ask for a lift from the staff.

Now the good stuff. The staff were great. Helpful in any way they could be. The have a file of places to get food delivery.
The place is immacute along with the rooms.
There is free wifi which was fairly stable.
Breakfast is not good if you have Celiac Disease. I have two yogurt and come coffee that comes out of the wall (it was a bit weak). I don't that that the coffee is availabel all day.

I had a King bed room. The bathroom sink was small and boxed in because all the coffee thing were there... I suggest putting that stuff out of the bathroom on to the table in the main room.

Again, great staff who are stuck with thing not under their controll.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here the night before flying out of Newark after a business trip. Finding the hotel was no issue for me, since my friend who knew the area dropped me off; otherwise, I totally could see how finding this place could be tricky, if not impossible. The lobby is quite nicely done and is typical of a Fairfield Inn. I was upgraded to a "suite", which gave me some extra space. My room had some definite maintenance issues, though. The partical board furniture (and yes, I know it's a Fairfield so i expect the furniture to be this material) had dents, holes, srapes, chunks taken out of it. And frankly, the bed was hard as rock. Usually I love to stay in Marriotts because of the comfortable beds, but this one was like sleeping on the floor. No matter, though. I had a 5am shuttle anyway, so needed to be up early. To their credit, I was given a "breakfast bag" with an apple, muffin and bottle of water since I was leaving before breakfast was served. They overbooked our shuttle, though, and had to make 2 runs, particularly since some people in our group seemed to have a TON of luggage. They droopped me off right at my terminal, though, so I didn't have to take the AirTrain, which was nice.

Overall, I would say the service was better than at most Fairfield Inns I've stayed at but the rooms were in much worse shape. I can't really attest to the breakfast or the fitness center/pool since I was only there for a few hours. Would I stay here again? Probably not. I'd pay the few extra dollars and stay at the Springhill Suites or the full service Marriott nearby. But it was a great value (my rate was only $99) for the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A little tricky to find as our GPS took us to the wrong side of the Highway, in fact the hotel sits between two major highways. The website recommends the GPS address to use as Frontage road but that took us right to a NJ Corrections facility!!! Anyway we finally got there and entered a nice bright lobby with very friendly staff. Check in and parking was easy then we went to our room. The room was also brightly decorated and there was a small sitting room leading to a small bedroom. Sitting area had a sofa and a work desk and chair. There was also a fridge and microwave. Bathroom was a good size, the only thing missing was a washcloth. Public areas of hotel were also nicely decorated. Breakfast had a good selection of cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices etc. as well as a few microwaveable breakfast sandwiches and a waffle maker. Staff were on hand to keep it well stocked which we appreciated. This was the end of a 2 week trip where we were disappointed with several of the hotels we stayed in so it was nice to end in such a nice comfortable hotel. Hotel is between a Spring Hill Suites and a Courtyard. The Courtyard has a casual dining restaurant/bar so we walked over there for dinner which turned out fine although there drinks were fairly pricey.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I gave my daughter a slumber/pool party here! We stayed in the King suite which included a fridge microwave and pull out couch. However when we arrived the microwave was not there I let the front desk know and they were great with getting me that microwave that I very much needed! The bedroom has a flat screen as well as the living room with a stereo system! Just Great for my daughter friends! We had a ball with no worries of disturbing any one.. Make your own breakfast down stairs main lobby b4 10am it's great!

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Comfortable hotel. The only thing I wished was that you could walk from the airport instead of taking a shuttle. The rooms were clean and service was very good. Hotel restaurant was above average. I'd recommend going with the deluxe room as it was only $10 extra for wifi, breakfast and local and long-distance calls.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

If you plan on sleeping in a little bit do not stay at this hotel the housekeepers come at 8 o'clock sharp every morning and beat on every single door wake everybody up and make sure that you're not going to sleep past 8 o'clock in the morning I don't care if you do have a do not disturb sign they make so much noise beating on other doors you're not going to sleep through it.. And as a bus driver some mornings I get to sleep till 10 or 11 to be able to drive all night the next day and absolutely sleep in is impossible here..

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport

Address: 618 Rts 1 & 9 S, Newark, NJ 07114
Location: United States > New Jersey > Newark
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport 2.5*
Just a 1.5 Mile drive from the Newark Liberty International Airport, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport hotel offers an exceptional experience whether staying 1 night, before or after your flight, or several nights as an alternative to the New York City high prices. Boasting 162 Guest rooms with 80 suites, you are bound to find the right room to meet your need. Take advantage of our facilities that include our complimentary hot breakfast buffet that waffles, eggs, breakfast meats yogurt, and much more. Let's not forget the coffee service available 24 hours a day in our breakfast area. We also offer commentary Wi-Fi, and a 24 hour a day scheduled shuttle service to and from the airport. When you arrive at your room, you will greeted with colorful rooms that are well appointed and offer you a flat screen TV that allows you to review over 50 channels from ESPN to Showtime and much more, an in room-coffee maker, large desktop workspace and a comfortable bed to relax and recharge yourself for the next day. If you are looking for a little exercise, check out our on-site fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights and our indoor pool and spa. Additionally the hotel can assist you with a safe area to jog if you need to run in the open air. If you need to do some laundry, we have 2 options for you. We offer both valet laundry and we also offer self-service laundry on our 1st Floor. And if you need a snack or a soft drink, check out "the Market" next to the front desk. If you need transportation to Downtown Newark or NY City, the nearest subway station is at Liberty Airport, which offers easy access to Newark city center and Manhattan. If you are traveling to the area for business or pleasure, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport is the place to stay for a great nights rest and even better service. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn Newark
Fairfield Newark
Newark Fairfield Inn

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.