We stayed overnight at this hotel before a very early flight the next day from Newark Airport, and kept our car on the premises for 5 days until we returned - all this for less than $200. For the purpose that we used it, this was a very good value. We were looking for alternatives to our usual choice, the Sheraton on Frontage Road, which has been going downhill steadily and which is now no longer part of that franchise. With the Fairfield Inn, we were not disappointed, but as another contributor wrote - you have to understand what you're getting.
The Fairfield is one of three Marriott properties (the others being a Courtyard and Spring Hill Suites) located next to one another on a piece of land encircled by exit and entrance ramps for Rts. 78 and 1&9. Getting in and out is interesting. Before travelling, we reviewed the map in satellite or street view to get an idea of the traffic flow because there is little time to react once you're on the road.
The hotel itself is very nice - recently redone with pleasant, bright decor. Our room was large with a separate area for a desk, couch and 2nd TV. The bathroom was a good size and well-lit. The noise level was very quiet considering our location to the airport and the surrounding highways. Everything was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The biggest challenge was food. The Fairfield only provides breakfast and access to take-out menus. Due to the location, there were no nearby restaurants. We had read from another reviewer that they walked over to the Courtyard, which is what we did also. There is no sidewalk between the properties so you had to walk on the driveways around the hotels. While the walk was short, there were blind corners which made us feel vulnerable to traffic going around them, especially at night. When we got to the Courtyard, we were disappointed to find their Bistro menu was extremely modest. It was barely adequate for dinner. The next time we use the Fairfield, we'll pack our own sandwiches and drinks as they have a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room.
The only other disappointment was the shuttle to the airport. Going out was no issue, but coming back we waited nearly an hour for a service that was supposed to run every half hour. What was also surprising was that there was a separate shuttle for the Courtyard and Spring Hill, but we were told that we could not take that due to liability issues. You would think the 3 Marriott properties would've coordinated this service for all the hotels. Regardless, we eventually did get back to the hotel and our car was safe and sound in the Fairfield's gated and secured parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a 1.5 Mile drive from the Newark Liberty International Airport, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport hotel offers an exceptional experience whether staying 1 night, before or after your flight, or several nights as an alternative to the New York City high prices. Boasting 162 Guest rooms with 80 suites, you are bound to find the right room to meet your need. Take advantage of our facilities that include our complimentary hot breakfast buffet that waffles, eggs, breakfast meats yogurt, and much more. Let's not forget the coffee service available 24 hours a day in our breakfast area. We also offer commentary Wi-Fi, and a 24 hour a day scheduled shuttle service to and from the airport. When you arrive at your room, you will greeted with colorful rooms that are well appointed and offer you a flat screen TV that allows you to review over 50 channels from ESPN to Showtime and much more, an in room-coffee maker, large desktop workspace and a comfortable bed to relax and recharge yourself for the next day. If you are looking for a little exercise, check out our on-site fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights and our indoor pool and spa. Additionally the hotel can assist you with a safe area to jog if you need to run in the open air. If you need to do some laundry, we have 2 options for you. We offer both valet laundry and we also offer self-service laundry on our 1st Floor. And if you need a snack or a soft drink, check out "the Market" next to the front desk. If you need transportation to Downtown Newark or NY City, the nearest subway station is at Liberty Airport, which offers easy access to Newark city center and Manhattan. If you are traveling to the area for business or pleasure, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport is the place to stay for a great nights rest and even better service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Newark
- Fairfield Newark
- Newark Fairfield Inn