I stayed overnight at this hotel from landing at Newark airport. They have shuttles from P4 which can be accessed by airtrain. First of all, for a hotel that costs $ 124.00, which includes parking, free shuttle to the airport, a good continental breakfast, a swimming pool and hot tub, exercise facilities, and being in proximity to a shopping centre in Newark, I would actually recommend using this hotel for the value you get for the money. It did not feel ghetto.
The swimming pool is actually a small pool that goes about 4.5 feet deep. It does not have a life-guard, and I wouldn't recommend putting the head under it since I'm not 100% sure if it is maintained as well as a city-pool. It does have a hot tub suana and exercise room. There is no change room so you have to put a bath-robe and go into the washroom nearby, and shower up in your own hotel room. Again, if you are going because of a swimming pool experience there is no deep end in that pool or diving boards -- just a shallow end-like swimming pool.
The continental breakfast offers a wide variety of choice of muffins, yogurt, fruits, waffles, toast, eggs, cereal, juices, and compared to other hotels I've seen, this makes it for great value for the money.
On the negative side of it, it is close to the airport and highways so you will hear some noise. They have screen doors that are next to the breakfast and the swimming pool. If a hotel patron were to open these doors during the winter, and you have light clothes on during the breakfast or are partially naked in the pools then you will get a draft.
One of the complaints I would have is their shuttle service. First of all, while Fairfield is on the "Mariott" hotel's website, do not let it confuse you with other Mariott LIberty Airport shuttles that also arive. We went on a shuttle that said "Mariott Liberty Airport" believing this was going to our hotel but it went to another Mariott hotel. The shuttle bus driver expalined there were five different Mariotts around there and Fairfield Inn is also owned by Mariott. This driver put us back to P4 and then we waited for the "Fairfield Inn" shuttle bus. We had expected to see another shuttle bus similar to the Mariott, but with the words "Fairfield Inn" written on the side instead.
After a while of waiting, I decided to call the hotel to enquire as to when the next shuttle bus would arrive. Nbody would pick up the phone at the hotel when I called on my cell phone. I had called several times, and after waiting for quite a while and not seeing a shuttle bus. Their number is not listed on the phone dial at P4 terminal. (They have three phones with a bunch of extensions leading to different hotels that are in the area, but Fairfield Inn is not actually listed on any of those phones!!!) So, I actually had that "stranded" feeling that my credit card was already dinged for that hotel because it was past the cancellation time, but was not sure if a shuttle bus would be there. The prospect of booking another hotel while being charged on my credit card for this hotel because a shuttle bus may not be arriving had made me feeling sick momentarily.
Eventually, the shuttle bus came after what appeared like a bit of a wait. It really looked more like a taxi rather than a shuttle bus. The word "fairfield" were so small, like you would have to squeeze in to read it at the side of the door so it may actually be easy to miss this shuttle if you don't read the side door carefully. It won't be a big elegant shuttle bus with the words "Fairfield" in large letters.
But at the end of the day we went there. It would be more reassuring if we had some sort of contact with someone when we were at the airport. So, unfortunately, that, along with the screen doors located near the breakfast/pool would ding this down by two to make it an average experience. When you are arriving from an airplane into a foreign place, it really makes a difference to have someone else pick up the phone for something as simple as when a shuttle bus would be arriving.
However, we got nice shuttle bus drivers who took us very close to the car rental location as opposed to P4 when we wanted to rent a car. The hotel staff were also generally nice and I didn't have any real complaints beyond the above issue, and I don't think that's enough to wreck the overall value I got for what I paid.
So, if having support is important when travelling, I may recommend paying more money for another Mariott around the airport, where you'll get a big shuttle bus that has the words "Mariott" on the side, and customer support when you land at the airport. If you want to save a few bucks, then the old adage that "you get what you pay for" applies here and there may be a few bumps. But overall, you do get value for the money and that is why I would rate it as very good.
In perspective, I really do not want to throw the baby out with the bathwater so despite what I may have wrote above, I would still recommend this hotel and rate it four stars because I do think it's great value compared to other hotels and I would consider myself to be a naive sort of traveller so I have to allow some latitutde for that.
The shuttle times are as follows: 15/45 at the airport per hour, and 00/30 at the hotel...30 minute intervals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a 1.5 Mile drive from the Newark Liberty International Airport, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport hotel offers an exceptional experience whether staying 1 night, before or after your flight, or several nights as an alternative to the New York City high prices. Boasting 162 Guest rooms with 80 suites, you are bound to find the right room to meet your need. Take advantage of our facilities that include our complimentary hot breakfast buffet that waffles, eggs, breakfast meats yogurt, and much more. Let's not forget the coffee service available 24 hours a day in our breakfast area. We also offer commentary Wi-Fi, and a 24 hour a day scheduled shuttle service to and from the airport. When you arrive at your room, you will greeted with colorful rooms that are well appointed and offer you a flat screen TV that allows you to review over 50 channels from ESPN to Showtime and much more, an in room-coffee maker, large desktop workspace and a comfortable bed to relax and recharge yourself for the next day. If you are looking for a little exercise, check out our on-site fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights and our indoor pool and spa. Additionally the hotel can assist you with a safe area to jog if you need to run in the open air. If you need to do some laundry, we have 2 options for you. We offer both valet laundry and we also offer self-service laundry on our 1st Floor. And if you need a snack or a soft drink, check out "the Market" next to the front desk. If you need transportation to Downtown Newark or NY City, the nearest subway station is at Liberty Airport, which offers easy access to Newark city center and Manhattan. If you are traveling to the area for business or pleasure, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty International Airport is the place to stay for a great nights rest and even better service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Expedia so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Newark
- Fairfield Newark
- Newark Fairfield Inn