The room itself wasn't bad, but the surroundings looked like a scene out of a "I Am Legend" and getting there was terrifying! I called before booking to make sure their shuttle ran late at night and was told it did. I was coming from Princeton and just needed a place to stay before catching a plane in the morning. I asked whether to get off the NJ Transit train at the Newark Airport or Newark Penn Station and they recommended Penn Station. However, they didn't tell me that there was a $12.50 fee for being picked up there until I was on my way out of the station. Nor did they tell me that it would take at least 15 - 20 mins to get back to the hotel or that I would have to wait outside on the street surrounded by rather scary individuals. Thank goodness there were 2 beat cops set up outside the door of the station the whole time I was there. They also told me to wait on the wrong side of the station since that side was closed at 1 AM. Newark Penn Station looks like it would be a scary place to visit during the day, but it was terrifyingly deserted down on by the tracks at 1 AM. I wasn't thrilled to not only pay the shuttle fee but also the additional train expense to go further only to have such a harrowing experience when I was already exhausted! The next day when I asked for their corporate number they gave me a wrong number that actually seemed like some sort of con. Room itself was nice and clean as well. The bed was comfortable, but I made the mistake of looking out the window and was so unsettled by the abandoned, rundown building and garbage in the street that I barricaded my door for the night! I can't believe I spent over $100 for this!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Newark Airport West Hotel Newark
- Best Western Plus Newark Airport West Hotel
- Best Western Newark
- Newark Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark Airport West!Stay at this conveniently located Newark hotel and enjoy full-service amenities and easy access to New York City!The BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark Airport West offers travelers the conveniences and services of any full-service hotel without inflated nightly rates normally found in the New York area. Unique hotel amenities include a daily complimentary hot buffet breakfast, and an exercise facility. A convenient 24-hour business center and a 24-hour snack shop are located on-site, perfect for travelers arriving and departing at irregular hours. A recently renovated, on-site cocktail lounge offers a wide array of spirits and allows weary travelers to unwind.Accommodation amenities include an in-room microwave, refrigerator and an iron/ironing board. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark Airport West also offers same day dry cleaning service.A complimentary shuttle service is available for guests to Newark International Airport. Hotel guests can also take advantage of a daily shuttle to the Jersey Garden Outlet Mall and Penn Station-offering easy access to the sights and attractions of New York City. Shuttle service is also available to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port, located in nearby Bayonne. Guests can also take advantage of our "Park and Fly" package where you can stay one night and park a car for up to 10 days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Best Western, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Newark Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.