“Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Newark
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I and my colleagues have been staying in this hotel for the past 7 years and their service is very good.

They have a good restaurant and also are very convenient to reach from newark airport

Parthasarathy

Room Tip: Whenever you are in NJ, please stay in Best western Plus newark airport west
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel probably more than anywhere in the world. i work for a group tour company and we have used this property many times. Always clean and the staff is very helpful. Breakfast is not four star, but good. Rooms are fairly spacious and nice enough since you will be spending most of your time in the city. If you are using this hotel for a stay-over (airport nearby), I recommend it as well. Location is not great and it's a little hard to find if you are driving in, but once you are in the hotel, it feels very safe and adequate. I would recommend for a better price than NYC or a stay-over. I have stayed here with my family as well and have never had any problems!

Room Tip: If you are using GPS to find the hotel, study the map before you try exiting to the hotel. I have m...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ingleside, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Disclaimer: If you're from outside (not from NJ or NY and maybe other neighboring states) don't get offended if the people are short, loud, and sarcastic with you. I think it's a cultural thing because we kept getting treated like that. We’re obviously not from the East. I have friends from the East and they’re not like that but since we kept getting treated like that the minute we landed in NJ I assumed it was cultural to not give it so much importance or get offended.
The rooms smelled like mold and feet. WATCH YOUR FOOTING WHEN GETTING INTO THE TUB! It's a little higher than you think. Someone in the hallway kept slamming their door and yelling throughout the night. The WI-FI was VERY slow. The rooms looked tired and we found unsolicited religious paraphernalia hanging from one of our lamps in our room (aside from the usual Bible you find in a drawer). The coffee maker is in the bathroom which we found both unsanitary and inconvenient (not sure if it’s just a NJ thing). Furniture overall looked tired. It seemed as if it had been a while since they had dusted/vacuumed. I found a lot of cobwebs by my bed. The only good thing about this hotel is the service we received from the waitress (Ivy I believe was her name). She made us feel at home and even though she was the only waitress in the restaurant AND bar she tried her best to accommodate us and make us feel at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mount Dora, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The parking lot is horrible. It is narrow, few spaces, and in order to leave the lot you have to reverse all the way out. Someone damaged our car and the hotel refused to help me and kept giving me the run around about who to talk to. Hotel refused to take responsibility or liability for anything. Worst experience ever. Will never stay here and will never recommend it. Stay away!

When we arrived at this hotel there was a crowd of smokers hanging outside the lobby, one of them was the front desk clerk. The hotel room was recently renovated with nice furniture but the bathroom was crammed, old, and had hairs all over the tub.

The hotel is located in a shady area with no restaurants or entertainment in walking distance. It looks very unsafe outside the hotel. It does have its own restaurant and bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth O, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Newark Airport West, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I apologize for the experience you encountered. Your descriptions are not typical of our property and are very concerning. We take feedback as a gift and appreciate your commentary. Thank you for taking the time to respond through Trip Advisor. Hopefully you also expressed your concerns to a member of our management team so we had the opportunity to address them for you while you were here on property.
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The distance by car from the airport to the hotel is about 15mins. The hotel provides a free/courtesy shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel also have a free drop off and pick up to a few of the train stations. Additionally, there is a $25.00 service charge to be taken to the Jersey Garden Mall. This makes the location ideal for an over night stay. However, there are no stores or restaurants within walking distance. There is a restaurant located in the hotel that operates on a rather limited time basis i.e. it is not open 24hrs. The hotel advertises a free continental and hot breakfast buffet. The hot breakfast consists of scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage links and waffles. There is also machine operated oatmeal. The cold selection was cereal, yogurt, bread, bagels, muffins and I only saw apples for fresh fruit. Breakfast is between the hours of 7am-10am. At exactly 10.am the restaurant staff shuts off the juice machine and promptly start removing the food and carrying it in the back. This timeframe is strictly adhered to even on Saturday and sunday mornings. Breakfast is a very informal affair where the hotel has plasticware set out for the hotel guests. Paper cups for tea/coffee/hot chocolate/juice and plastic plates and bowls and plastic spoons, forks and knives. The hotel bar opens between 4.30 or 5.30pm and remains open until midnight. Dinner can be ordered from 5.30pm-11pm thereabouts.There is free wifi and 2 computers in the lobby area for public use. I found the computer connection to be extremely slow. I attempted to use the computer early Sunday morning and there was no connection. I alerted the front desk staff who first checked the connection then made a call to the computer company. The internet was still down upon my checking out the following morning. I prepaid for my stay and although the hotel took my credit card details for any incidentals they did not have my room telephone connected. By the way the hotel do have free local calls up to a maximum of 30mins and free long distance. I am not certain if the timeframe is the same or less. I had to call twice before the telephone in my room was connected and while I was there at some point they disconnected it and I had to call again to have the service reconnected. I would recommend this hotel for overnight stay due to its proximity to the airport. However, I would not recommend it for extended stay as there is nothing of interest closeby or within walking distance.

Room Tip: I was in room 416 which at the far end of the hall. The plus side is that It is ideally located wher...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Do not trust the hotel reservation staff!! This hotel does not have bus shuttle to New York Port. We had a very poor experience and almost missed our Carnival Cruise the next day. We were so nervous and upset that we had to drive our own car to NY Port instead.

Make sure you look at the final invoice. The hotel manager did not discount our U$32 deposit through ParkSleepFly. When we came home and talked with ParkSleepFly they said deposit was forwarded to the Hotel. While the hotel said it was not their responsiblity, the hotel received our U$32 deposit and never returned money to us - cheating!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hatillo, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

...stayed 1 night 12/21/12....room was spacious, clean, warm, flat screen worked fine, bed comfy, no complaints....had dinner in hotel restaurant, ok food...it IS a hotel restaurant, about what you'd expect....breakfast was again ok continental fare (bagels, muffins, cereal, coffee, sausages, juices, yogurts)...hey, it worked for me...check in and check out was timely, again, no complaints....this hotel is located in an industrial area but I just wanted a place to sleep and feel comfortable and safe...would visit again, sure.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Newark Airport West? Share your experiences!