“Excellent Stay and great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Newark
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent Stay and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I initially decided to stay here due to the hotels convenient location. Overall I had a wonderful stay for the labor day weekend. The reception staff and other staff were very welcoming and were helpful every single time I approached them. The room, the linen and the bathrooms were clean and had a fresh smell. The breakfast was freshly made and offered me more choices than I really needed. I will certainly visit this hotel again if I need to come to NJ.

Room Tip: I stayed at the 1st floor level. The hotel was full and so I did not choose the room, although the r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and most enjoyed the staff service,hot breakfast and our spacious comfortable rooms and the feeling of safety & security while at the hotel. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I spent a special night a this location which is nearby by to me, I encountered a little problem when arrive at the room in which the front desk agent was very professional in handling the situation, was apologetic about it. I also have to say that my conversation with the manager was pleasant and professional. The hotel in general is great, very comfortable, great breakfast, and breakfast attendant was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Lower level is the executive level
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and enjoyed the staff service at the hotel. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel has a great room price, breakfast, and close proximity to the newark airport. There is a outlet mall near by for excellent shopping. The staff is very pleasant and professional.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling with family, or single. A ride to NYC is approximately 40 min from newark penn station and costs Less than $3 total per person.

Reasonable price and close proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi room. Worth the price!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in this hotel September 2012. Straight five stars for friendliness, efficiency and comfort stay. The breakfast was great and particularly the orange juice was probably best I have had ever (I have travelled all over the world). Location of this hotel is great as the Amtrak train station and Newark international airport were all just minutes away by cab ride. NYC is also just minutes away.

Easy access, good sized rooms, and fabulous customer service and the room rates are just unbeatable. Rooms are as good as if not better than many of the 4 star hotels that I have stayed around the world. Extremely family friendly. Safe and clean hotel. Highly recommend this hotel with out any reservations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and most enjoyed the staff service,hot breakfast & orange juice and our spacious comfortable rooms and the feeling of safety & security while at the hotel. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Litchfield, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by how we were treated at the hotel. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast wasn't bad at all. The area wasn't sketchy as some have said. Just some businesses and not a lot of places to walk to eat at night. The hotel room, w/ King and Double was very roomy for the three of us who stayed. When we arrived at night, we saw the security guard outside which made us comfortable w/ leaving our vehicle there, even though there is a fence around the back of the hotel. There is a restaurant, Top Diner that is about 2 minutes away (drive there) with fantastic food and deserts. We will be staying there again as our child will be attending a University in NJ.

Room Tip: King room w/ Double was pretty good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is convenient if you want to go see NYC but dont want to pay the NYC prices. Its less then a ten minute drive to Penn Station which gets you there in about 15 min. The hotel itself is nice, clean, and the rooms are a good size.
I stayed there August 9-11... Upon arrival we weren't greeted by a unfriendly front desk agent. He seemed to have been bothered by our arrival more then anything.. He ignored us for the first bit and then said he'd be a minute.
Once checked in we went to the room and found our door open with the latch. We went down the hall and asked the housekeeping staff if they were in the room. They said no and came to check the room. It wasn't quite ready to be occupied so they came in quickly and finished cleaning the room and left.
An hour later we asked for directions from the same agent and again, he seemed more annoyed then anything and quickly told us how to get where we were going and dismissed us.
Like mentioned the room is quite large and the bed was comfy!
In the morning there is a continental breakfast served and they have a complimentary coffee available all day.
If I am ever in the area again, I will not go back here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying at our hotel. I have shared your comments with the front desk agent and we are taking the necessary steps and providing additional training to ensure proper communication with our guests in the future. We are happy to know that you liked the size and comfort of our rooms, cleanliness and hot breakfast service. Again, I do apologize and I hope you give us the opportunity in the future to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we wish you safe travels.
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel staff was extremely rude to us since the beginning of the stay.

We had made reservations from online using 'Friends and Family' code recommended by our friends.

We decided to reach there early and called and asked them if they can reserve our room a day earlier starting Sunday night instead of Monday night. they said it would not be a problem and that they had made the change. I asked them if there would be any rate difference or any additional charge and was told it would be the same which i agreed to.

The hotel changed our reservation and we had to present our original reservation receipt every single day and let them we will be checking out Thursday morning.

On Wednesday, they repeatedly called us while I was at the court for an important urgent matter and asked us to empty the room saying our reservation was only until Wednesday. We told them we were not going to be able t make it before evening as I was in court for urgent business matter on which the manager said the room WILL need to be evacuated right away and hung up.

We called the Choice Hotels Customer Service who advised us to work with the manager at the hotel. They said we made a change when we called via phone since the Friends and Family rate is not available and that our stay was changed to Wednesday.

this doesn't make sense since the hotel staff asked us about our stay every single day and I had go show them the printed paper with the reservation dates.

Anyways, since the Customer Service wasn't very useful we tried working with Hotel Manager again to resolve the issue and get back to business.

We called the Hotel Manager again and tried to explain the situation and asked him to keep our stuff aside carefully and we accommodate us in a different room since we had booked until Thursday. The manager got extremely rude with us on the phone. On trying to explain the circumstances to him he got rude with us and started using foul language and called us 'cheap (something) people, F Bombs in English and Hindi. I was completely shocked and had to excuse myself from my work to go pickup my items.

We had complained the hotel for 2 nights that the bed was broken and they assured they will have it changed but nothing was done. We had to sleep on the floor for 3 nights we were at the hotel.

The rooms were stinking and bathroom wasn't properly cleaned either.

The hotel staff was extremely rude to us. We will make sure never to return to Choice Hotels ever again and will make sure we share this experience with others as well..

The Choice Hotels Customer Service was not sympathetic at all and didn't even ask us to accommodate us at a different Choice Hotel nearby. We felt and got treated like second class citizens and will never forget this horrible experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We would like to inform you that your discounted reservation was a "NOSHOW" as you did not show up. We still accommodated you at the discounted price rate out of courtesy for the remainder of your stay. At the completion of your stay on check out date you insisted on getting the room for another night. When informed you could not have the room at the discounted rate of Family & Friends you cursed out the staff and were very rude. We at every stage of your stay has displayed courtesy , customer service and great deal of honesty.

Been to Comfort Suites Newark? Share your experiences!