“Wonderful Service and Immaculate Room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Newark Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Newark Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 Rt. 1 & 9 South (near Haynes Ave.), Newark, NJ 07114 (Newark Airport and Port Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Newark
Windsor, CO
“Wonderful Service and Immaculate Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is by far one of the cleanest rooms we have ever been in. The service was friendly and even went out of their way to help us with our rental car. Can't say much about Newark, but if you need a hotel here, we would recommend this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
dhirsh, Manager at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their work and it is always nice to be able to pass along a review such as yours.

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I got stuck in Newark due to cancelled flights. I reviewed TripAdvisor reviews of hotels near Newark airport and came up with this Holiday Inn. I came in around midnight. Though the front desk agent was professional, he was much less than welcoming. While signing in, he took a call and quoted a rate about $20 less than what I was paying (I paid $197 incl taxes). I asked if I could get the same rate and he refused telling me that I had booked through a third party. I ended up in a smoking room. I called to change to non-smoking. He said he had no more rooms. He refused to help me in any way. The room stunk of smoke. I closed everything in my luggage and used the sheets to filter the smell. Thankfully I only had to spend 4 hours there as I had an early flight out. I will be looking elsewhere next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
dhirsh, Manager at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. . Although it is not possible to know for sure the rate you heard quoted was even for the same night you were staying, our Guest Representative was correct, we can not make adjustments to reservations booked through a third party. If there had been a non-smoking room available when you requested it, we would have been more than happy to switch your reservation to non smoking. The majority of our rooms are designated as non-smoking, but on our busiest night they may become unavailable before the last of our rooms are sold Once again, I am sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

There is nothing like sleeping on immaculate , crispy clean sheets!! This does not happen just by chance, I drop my hat for the people working there and keeping the standards so high. I would stay here any time I travel close to New York again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paris, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay near EWR. The only negatives are the location and the prices in the restaurant. The rooms are new and impeccably clean and the parking is free.

Like I said the location leave a little to be desired... 1/2 destroyed building next door, and the roads in the EWR area are quite congested and confusing for a non-local. Also I am thankful for the bar and restaurant, but it is very pricey! Keep in mind if you go... Tabs are inclusive of the tip!

• Stayed April 2013
NJ, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a night on a business trip. Everything was smooth. Check in was quick and easy, room was very spacious, bed was comfortable, internet worked well and the bathroom was perfectly adequate. Did not try the breakfast or use the other facilities such as gym so no comments on these.

While the rate was not inexpensive, it was quite competitive based on rates in and around that part of NJ. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I picked this hotel on the basis of reviews from other travelers and they were right. I had to fly into Newark Airport late one night and leave the next morning. This hotel was great. I didn't use anything else in the hotel like the restaurant or the shuttle. The room was nice sized with a king sized bed and modern sleek furniture. The bed was very comfortable and there were a number of pillows labeled firm and soft. I also liked that the sink and mirror were outside of the bathroom so while my husband was taking a shower I could use the sink and mirror to get ready. The only negative issue is the traffic pattern to and from the airport. If you take the shuttle, that's no problem. My husband picked me up at the airport and we had to go back the next morning to get his brother. It was very difficult to navigate the way there and back even the hotel is very near the airport. One additional note: look around on all the websites for a good rate-I found one website and booked directly with them-they were significantly cheaper than any other one

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here the last night of our vacation. We were going to take a morningflight from New Ark, and used the cool shuttlebus from the hotel to the airport. The shuttlebus driver was very helpful, and drove us to the entrance of the airport, so we shouldn't get lost.

The hotel was fancy and modern, very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, and we had a cool view at NY city by night.

There is a restaurant in the lobby, which had an excellent beef! The staff there was very pleasant aswell, always asking us how we liked the food. The breakfast was good aswell.

We will definately stay here again if we are going to take an early flight from New Ark.

PS. the rental car companies were close by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Newark Airport? Share your experiences!