“Wonderful Service with Decent Food ,Lovely Setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rio Rodizio (Newark) - CLOSED

Rio Rodizio (Newark)
1034 McCarter Highway, Newark, NJ 07102 (Newark Central Business District)
973 622 6221
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Newark Central Business District
Cross street: Bridge Street
New Jersey
“Wonderful Service with Decent Food ,Lovely Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was some of the best service I have ever had ! I was at a business dinner with husband and both of us are vegetarian .We were in a private room ,and when I told the waiter my problem ,he told me to go to the buffet where there were plenty of choices . There is too much oil on most of the food ,but I was able to find enough variety . When I told the waiter there was still nothing my husband would like ,the chef made a huge plate of a variety vegetables , nicely steamed and at no extra charge . The sangria was disappointing , but they brought a pitcher of ice water . The Creme Brule was very good , and the chunky rice pudding was outstanding . I would definitely return for the great staff and their flexibility !!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good food, not the greatest service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

Hostes seemed upset, waiter dissapeared,but overall food was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
nj
“not a real rodizio”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My idea of a Rodizio is a place where when you leave, you have no space for anymore food. This place, I had to call many times ( after having my green sign on) still with no avail.
There have to be better places, I guess you get what you pay for. The advertise " all you can it" which relly means " all you can eat that we bring to your table"
Asking did not helped

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Delicious, Come Hungry and ready for MEAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I've eaten here several times, the last time in February 2012. They changed the buffet a bit since my previous visit and no longer serve french fries (to try and fill you up) but the food is still great. The service is great, lots of servers coming by with a large variety of delicious meats.

It's about $27 per person for the Rodizio Buffet on a Weekend and for all the food you get it's definitely worth it. There are salads, breads and cheeses available on the buffet line as well as hot items (ie: rice & beans, other sides dishes etc)

Try the Sangria! They also have a sushi bar a couple of TVs in the bar area if you have to wait for your table. It also looks like they have a couple of banquet rooms for big groups/parties as well.

We love to eat a light lunch and go hungry and get our moneys worth!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jersey City, NJ
“Great Rodizio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Like many others in the area but has huge parking lot and easy to get to. Be prepared for lot's of food. Go hungry......

Visited January 2012