“An etching stench” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Hotel Newark

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Hotel Newark to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Hotel Newark
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Frontage Rd, Newark, NJ 07114 (Newark Airport and Port Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #15 of 21 hotels in Newark
Boise
“An etching stench”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I know you get what your pay for. But this time, it totally wasn't worth it and I regret not spending an extra $50 for something nicer. Pro: Airport shuttle for super connivence. Con: My god. The smell. I knew this place was rated below average but I figured I only needed a bed to crash in after a redeye flight. I wasn't looking for anything fancy. The stench was overpowering. Smoke, mold, sewer?? Whatever the mixture, I couldn't get use to it and I had to breathe out of my nose so I wouldn't puke and my stuff just reeked after only spending hours in that room. Who cares about the dingy bathroom, sketchy bedding, and blood?? stained carpet. I was too busy to write my review immediately after my trip but the smelly experience is etched in my mind forever.

Room Tip: I walked around the halls to see if just my hallway was the stinky one. Nope. All the same.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
ATLANTA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Room was dirty, dusty & musty. Bed felt like it was 100's of years old. Good location and the shuttle is on time

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel Newark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel Newark

Address: 20 Frontage Rd, Newark, NJ 07114
Location: United States > New Jersey > Newark > Newark Airport and Port Newark
Ranked #15 of 21 hotels in Newark
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Hotel Newark 2*
8 Miles from New York City, Manhattan.5 Miles from Met Life Stadium, SuperBowl 2014. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel Newark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Newark
Newark Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Hotel Newark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.