“Just ok . .” 2 of 5 stars

Cross street: Blue Mill Road
Flanders, NJ
“Just ok . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Beautiful, charming restaurant with attached small marketplace. Nice ambiance, somewhat slow service for dinner. We thought it was overpriced - four of us had stir fry and and three of us had an add'l. cup of soup as an appetizer. No drinks and bill was $124. Food was tasty though and I would go back for brunch, but would not go back for dinner. Rather limited dinner menu.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Joisy
“What a darling quaint treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had a lovely Sunday Breakfast..What a special Find,, I am originally from the area and never heard of this place, imagine my surprise when a friend suggested it. I could not wait to see it..and I was not disappointed. I had the ham and cheese crepes, which were stuffed very full of ham and cheese, which came with a small serving of fresh fruit no bread, and I would have thought this place would have some home made biscuits but it was really enough food. 2 Crepes and I think it was approx $12. . Everything was perfect. It could have been a tad warmer, but we sat there so long chatting and enjoying the ambiance that it would have gotten cool anyway. The coffee was perfect, the size of the mugs generous. My friend had a special - english breakfast, eggs, tomatoes, beans I'm not sure what else, but it was fabulous. It could have come with toast I'm not even sure. The decor was darling, as mall store in the foyer, with some specialty cakes and pies and meats, and some freezer items, I am still thinking I should have purchased one of those luscious looking pot pies in the freezer. There were cute candles and some soaps and teas. The bathrooms were even adorable. I would love the owner to come to my house and redo it LOL. Restuarant isn't too big, parking is huge, and the country road that leads to the eatery was such a pretty ride, it's so worth it, I will be back soon with more friends. What a treasure..so sweet and romantic I LOVED it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delightful Space But Uneven Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a very engaging restaurant in a delightful space. A little bit off the beaten path in a small shopping area next to a post office. The country decor is spot on and enhances the dinning experience. Sadly though the food doesn't equal the decor. It is good and sometimes very good. Its unevenness is frustrating. You leave wanting to like the food more than you have. For example, the bread basket arrives after a considerable wait only to find that some of the rolls have frozen centers and show other signs of being defrosted. Other courses also showed signs of being prepared and microwaved and the like just prior to being served. There are clearly some signs of skill and brilliance that manage to show forth. The mushroom bisque (whether reheated or not) was sublime. Thick and redolent of good, earthy mushrooms. The pulled pork bar-b-que was overly sweet and mushy; again suggesting reheating was at play. A pork chop special was well prepared and accompanied by a nice selection of sides. The meat though wasn't of first quality, more like the grade one comes across in a grocery store. I must confess you do leave wanting this restaurant to succeed despite itself. One last note, the service was as slow as previously mentioned by a reviewer and it seemed that they were sullen and didn't care about anything. I hope I'm wrong about that.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Wish they would get the service and freshness right.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

They have a great lunch especially the love burger. Service is much too slow. I waited 30 minutes for my take out which consisted of 3 simple sandwiches. I have had pastries and cakes there often but I stopped when the croissants were clearly old and the desserts were clearly not freshly made because one side of the cake is always stale. They need to pay attention to freshness and not serve items that are clearly too old to serve, because recipes and ingredients are very good. Need more staff during meal hours. Get this right and it will be the perfect place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Morristown, New Jersey
“Beautiful place with great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is a BEAUTIFUL place to sit, relax and have a delicious meal. Absolutely loved the decor and the feel of it all. Wish they could lower some of the prices or offer lower priced specials, but overall it is a wonderful experience to go there. Very warm and friendly waitress for breakfast. Wish I could go there every day! It is special.

• Visited November 2011