“Great Breakfast Buffet and Location” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Aquiraz, CE
“Great Breakfast Buffet and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

At check in I was informed that my reservation for 2 included breakfast for just one, but they quickly gave it to us. The room on the top floor had a terrace. But the terrace was in need of repair: the paint peeling and the bare concrete floor had a big rusty crack. The bed and the pillows were the most comfortable I have ever used! It was little cold but we could not turn on the heat. The reception explained something about the solar panels not working very well... I loved the decor of the lobby and the bar. The breakfast buffet was great. They made us great omelettes. The (pay) parking was convenient. The internet was free, even though I thought I might have to pay for it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HR_NB, Manager at Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are happy we could fix the confusion with your booking type and breakfast inclusion. We have addressed the issue with the terrace and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We are hoping to see you again soon.

Safe Travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Plainsboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now. It has always been very clean and very accommodating. This time around, the woman who checked me in was very pleasant. She even informed me of some additional amenities that I have access to as a Hyatt member. When I wasn't feeling well at night, the 24 hour gift shop had the medicines that I needed in order to feel better and get a decent night's sleep. I would definitely stay here again. I may try the PURE room next time, since I suffer from allergies from time to time. Once I do, I'll check back and let you all know how it is!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather but glad that we were able to provide you with what you needed to ease your night. We have received very good feedback about our PURE rooms. We feel that this is an amenity we should have available in New Brunswick the Health Care City.

We look forward to your next visit.

Trinity County
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel featured those wonderful people that Hyatt always has. The folks were friendly and efficient.

The room however was more than a little disappointing. I couldn't get the AC running, so I asked for assistance. Twice. Then I was offered this explanation: The air conditioner was turned off by hotel policy since the outside temperature was going to dip. It was 74 in the room however. Too hot for comfort. The options were a fan and to leave the window open. Of course this brought in all the street noise, which was considerable.

I noticed too that the double pane window was leaking & enough moisture had accumulated & condensed to obscure the view. A similar lack of maintanence had lead to paint flaking off mirrors, sashes & furniture.

It's a good location, great people, but it needs some up keep.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We take pride in the staff at the hotel. We feel they are the best staff in New Brunswick. We are continually working on ways to make it a building for the 21st century traveler. As you noted we have solar panels to help with the environment and efficient power. Now we need to upgrade the internal workings of the HVAC system. We have started this with last year installing in room sensors for the rooms to help with the climate control. However, we still have challenges in these months between seasons.

We hope you will come back to see us when in the area and see as we make these changes for the future.

Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great location for us to attend our daughter's Graduation at Rutgers University. Needs a renovation for this Hotel to be up to standard as a Hyatt Regency, however our room - 645 was spacious, bed very comfortable & great location. Free Wifi during the weekend :)

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet apart from the town clock
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
First congratulations to your daughter on her graduation, second thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. We value our relationship with Rutgers University. We are in the planning stages of doing a room renovation in the near future. We do feel that for the age of our rooms our staff has been able to keep them in remarkable condition.

We hope you come back to visit in the near future.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here during Rutgers Reunion Weekend. Very accommodating hotel. Excellent rooms, but not much of a view. Good bed, good tv, lots of room and well cleaned. Desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. Breakfast was very good. A bit noisy in the room with a major event with drums going on during visit. Good service of shuttles, Parking a bit expensive, and price of room at high end.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sterling Heights, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was absolutely thrilled with this hotel. I took the train from Newark (7 stops to New Brunswick). I accidentally exited the train station headed in the wrong direction, but found the bookstore at Rutgers and stopped for coffee and directions (I've given some directions below).

When I arrived at the hotel, Jennifer at the front desk assured me I had received the Johnson & Johnson rate (I was there to teach a class for J&J). However, she VOLUNTEERED to give me 6th floor business level so that I would get free WIFI and a free breakfast for each stay of the two days I was there on business.

The hotel is in a great location and there are many great restaurants within a three block range. I would definitely stay there again when on business in the area.

Room Tip: Albany Street is really the main drag - stay on that so you don't get lost! The hotel is at the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We traveled to from VA to visit New York but due to a reservation that went wrong with the Crowne Plaza in Edison New Jersey last minute plans were made to stay at this property. From the time we entered the front lobby we were treated with exceptional customer service. We had one unfortunate issue but the manager on duty Alex extended more exceptional customer service. The rooms were clean and decent and my stay along with my daughters could not of been better. I would recommed this hotel for all your stays while in New Brunswick, New Jersey!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!