“my stay” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in New Brunswick

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Please stay away at all costs. You are better off sleeping in the street, really. It started badly with front desk clerk who's personal hygiene was something I have never experienced. Then got to my room and was overwelmed by the smell. Found that the smell was coming from a chair in the room. I had to put the chair outside. Still more smell. I looked under the bed and found food rotting in a bowl. The front desk people said that there were no rooms available (even though parking lot was empty!) and they said "take it or leave it". I was sick and cold and decided to stay instead of sleep in my car because I had a job interview nearby the next day and really needed some sleep. The parking lot is dangerous and has very shady people loitering there all night. The locks on the doors are weak and can easily be broken. In the middle of the night I heard a loud voice coming from my bathroom. I was terrified and went to investigate if anyone was in my bathroom. I found that the floor of my bathroom had a 1/2 space at the wall and I could see and clearly hear the people in the room below mine! This building should be condemned and the owners locked up for operating an unsafe and unsanitary operation. This hotel belongs in a 3rd world country or a horror movie. How is it even possible that it's allowed to stay open?? Please, please for your safety, STAY AWAY! This was the worst exerience at a hotel ever and I've stayed at some rough ones before!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick

Address: 26 Route 1 North, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Location: United States > New Jersey > New Brunswick
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in New Brunswick
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick Hotel New Brunswick
New Brunswick Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.