“Nice stay in the appartment hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Neptune
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice stay in the appartment hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the Residence Inn. We stayed in a studio apartment.

The hotel is very convenient in terms of location, its room layout and services and attractions in the neighborhood.

The room (small apartment) was clean and had all the necessary equipment including cooker, oven, microwave own, dishwasher, fridge and freezer.

The hotel breakfast was included to the room rate and selection at the breakfast was good.
The small kitchen allowed us to enjoy some meals in the room when we didn't feel like going anywhere. However, there are plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood.

There is complimentary internet access in the room with cable but wifi access only in the lobby. The hotel has also guest computers and printers available for the guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed over the sept jewish holiday weekend. Rate was 299. I thought that was a little high for post summer. The room we had was a suite and it was clean. The furniture and carpets looked tired..worn and ready to be replaced. The Hotel was pet friendly- which was what I needed..and it was easy to bring my pup in and out of the 1st floor room!! The bed was comfy and teh complimentary breakfast was a money saver.. food was plentiful and the buffet staff was on top of keeping everything fresh and replenished. I had called earlier in the day and told one of the desk staff I was checking in late- he was a little weird about that and said "thats ok ..for now" I said .."well I have reservations and if i wouldn't show you would charge me".. he was mumbling something about being to capacity and turning people away..I couldn't figure out why he was saying these things as if I would lose my reserved room. When I finally did check in he was no longer there and the desk clerk was extremely pleasant!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We returned here this year and had a very nice stay in a well laid out 1 BR suite -which had very clean, comfortable beds. Room was quiet. Everyone on the staff were welcoming and very accomodating. We arrived early (about 10:30 AM) and received a warm reception from Marian and we asked if it was possible to check-in early (usual check-in is 3 pm) or we could come back later. Maggie, the housekeeping manager, said she would check and invited us to have coffee/tea in the lounge and within ten minutes returned and said our room was ready! Exceptional hospitality that never disappoints! The suite was clean, the bathroom spotless. All the staff are wonderful especially Vanessa (breakfast room), Sandy (reception manager) and Abby (general manager). There are even extras such as 'evening socials' Mon, Tues and Wed when there is a barbecue or pasta night at 6:30 and sometimes even freshly baked cookies and brownies at the reception desk in the evening.
Would recommend this hotel highly and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had an enjoyable overall stay at the Residence Inn in Neptune. We were able to get a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit for $199/night right before the Labor Day weekend. Very comfortable, clean and quiet, even with a hotel full of families. Friendly staff. We didn't use the patio. Conveniently located right off the Garden State, 10-15 minutes from Ocean Grove, 20-25 to Point Pleasant Beach and 2 minutes from the outlet mall. Some Residence Inn's are right ON a noisy main road but this one is not. Downsides: no oven in the kitchen, the picture quality on all three large LCD TVs was poor (though it was nice to have three TVs!), the pool is too heavy on chlorine, the pool room is depressing (dark and plain) and the towel rack was always empty, some gym equipment was out of order and breakfast was hectic with the staff failing to keep key items filled both days we were there. That might sound like a lot of downsides but most of those things seem easily fixable. One I didn't bother to list that can't be: I hate when the sink is outside of the toilet/shower room.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed for one night wanting to be close to the Jersey Shore. The room is very nice! Typical Residence Inn. Room is clean and ready for check-in at one P.M. The receptionist was very nice. We asked for more shampoo and conditioner and it was brought up to our room. Pool is nice. There is large Walmart, Ruby Tuesday, Arby;s and McDonald's in the area. The only negative is not really close to the beach. It is a good five miles away.

Room Tip: Breakfast is great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RI_Neptune_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We strive to provide a warm and hospitable stay from a genuinely caring team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Jersey Shore.

Abby Kushner
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for business/leisure in August. Had 2 1 bedroom suites. My rooms were supposed to have fully equipped kitchens though neither had ovens, which was very disappointing. The lady at the front desk and housekeeping said that they would look into it but I never heard back from anyone. The walls are really very thin and you can hear every bit of noise from the other rooms. Luckily, I am not very bothered noise. The two people who checked me in were great and professional (ugh, I don't recall their names). Only miscommunication was that I was advised by another gentleman at the counter that said I needed to pay with my government card in order to receive my government rate. My office clarified with Marriott that this information was incorrect. Luckily, this was a non-issue and I was able to pay however I wanted upon check out. Only access to the washroom was through the bedroom which is inconvenient when travelling with children or any other people. Housekeeping arrived early everyday (before 9 am) but I was up/out early so this was not an issue for me - more of an issue for other people in my party. Breakfast was pretty good. Only had dinner at the hotel one night and it was ok (fried chicken). Business centre was good. Wi-fi was good but I supplemented with my rocket stick when there was a lot of congestion. There is a Target, Sears and Burlington Coat Factory in the area (about 10 min drive). Walmart, McDonalds and Outlets are within walking distance or a 1 minute drive. There is not much in the area by way of attractions but the location is a decent stopover if you are on business or if you are en route to other places (NYC, Atlantic City, Six Flags).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thanks for reviewing and sharing your experience, apologies for not educating you on the design of our rooms prior to your arrival. In future less than 10% of the rooms are equipped with a full oven which is primarily our two bedroom suites that also have two separate bathrooms for your convenience. Rate rules for eligibility are posted for the Government Rate on Marriott.com for each hotel. My apologies for any confusion that we may have created and hope that your next visit to Jersey Shore will be with us.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband had a recent business trip to NYC and we were looking for a good compromise that allowed us to go to the beach while he was working. This hotel provided us a good option. This hotel is located right off the Garden State Parkway and close to the Prime Outlet-Tipton Falls. It is also located close to a Walgreens, Walmart, McDonalds and Arbys. It is about a 10 minute drive to the beach. I would recommend visiting Avon Beach. There are not many options to stay on the beach. It is nice to have a good breakfast in the morning and the option to make lunch or dinner if you don't want to eat out. The hotel is relatively clean, although there were times when we were not left toiletries or the dishes were not washed. The hotel was not busy during the week, but we could hear our neighbors talking next to us. I understand that this hotel can be quite busy on the weekend and I am sure noise could be a concern with children running around. There is a no party policy at this hotel,of which you must sign a paper acknowledging this when you check in. Additionally, the beds were very hard. Overall, this is a nice hotel and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thanks for letting us be your choice while visiting Jersey Shore, we are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel. Your comment about the cleaning of the dishes daily makes us realize that perhaps a note to our guest that only dishes in the sink or dishwasher will receive service. It is so helpful when our guest as you take the time to let us know how we are doing and what could make the next stay better. We look forward to having you back and once again thanks.

Been to Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre? Share your experiences!