“Very Good Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
New York City, New York
“Very Good Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Everything went well. The front desk is polite. The hotel is very clean. The breakfast is very good. The rooms are spacious, updated and very clean. There is refrigerator along with an iron and I believe I saw a microwave along with an indoor pool and small gym. Free apples are available in case you're looking for a healthy snack. Free wireless access is available even though two computers are available on the first floor which are very fast. Very close to the Parkway. I couldn't really ask for more. Well maybe the landscapers should start mowing the lawn later than 8:00am sharp but it wasn't really an issue. I will stay there again. We stayed there for (3) nights.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Jack D,

Thank you! We greatly appreciate you giving your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune a 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We are absolutely thrilled that you completely enjoyed your stay with us and all the great amenities we offer. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed for three nights with my daughter, his brother and family. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful, friendly, and always laughing. The maid service was prompt, and the breakfast bar was filled each morning. The room was clean and the location suited our needs. We enjoyed the pool and game room as well as the area for printing/computers. I would definitely stay here again!

Dear larell,

Thank you! We are very happy to hear that you and your family had an excellent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune! We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about your accommodations, our amenities, and our outstanding staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express July 28 - July 30 as well as August 6 2014. My experience was particularly excellent due to my interactions with the morning/early afternoon hotel staff, particularly Amanda. She went above and beyond to meet all of our requests, no matter how significant or insignificant they were. Good customer service is hard to come by these days and she well exceeds my expectations. Breakfast is always hot and well stocked. Beds are comfortable. I stayed at the Double Tree on July 31 because there was no availability at the Holiday Inn Express and it absolutely did NOT compare to the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Anne-Mary-S,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune! We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed your accommodations, the amenities we offer, and our exceptional staff. Your review will be shared with Amanda and the rest of the staff as I am sure it will brighten their day. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Philly and it was such a positive experience that when I had to choose a hotel for an overnight stay the following day I chose Holiday Inn Express again.

I booked through Expedia and the booking was fast and we were in the system when we arrived at the front desk. The person working the front desk, Troy, had a welcoming personality and as I was walking up he welcomed us and asked for my last name, by the time I took 3 more steps he had confirmed my first name ( also Troy ) and as I was prepared with a credit card and my id, check in took all of maybe a minute.. I had my keys and was on my way. The only thing to fill out was some basic info about the car we would be parking outside.

The hotel is very easy to find and there was plenty of available parking. The building cannot be very old as it was very clean and I didn't notice anything worn out or looking like it had seen better days.
The internet access at this hotel was faster and more consistent than the prior Holiday Inn Express I had stayed at and worked everywhere that we had tried to use it. The room looked and smelled clean. The air conditioning/heat is fully adjustable and worked well in our room, the thermostat appeared to have a motion sensor on it, so I imagine it shuts down when the room is unoccupied.. which is a nice feature for those of us that actually do care about the environment a bit.
My wife and daughter were very happy to see a basket of apples in the hallway, which were perfectly ripe... which is no small task. My daughter and I also appreciated the chocolate chip cookies on the front desk at check in as well.
Even the bathrooms in public areas like near the pool were pretty much immaculate... I should expect that, but sadly it's not the case in many places.
The pool ( indoor ) is a nice size, but it was in fact a little chilly for a pool that is listed as "heated"... we acclimated to it, but another degree or two would have made a world of difference.. The only other person that came down to the pool while we were in it agreed that it was a bit colder than he was expecting and he got in and got out not even giving it a chance. Again, It was tolerable... but not what you might expect from a heated pool.

The is basic but not bare bones... treadmill, eliptical, yoga ball, a dumbbell rack, a scale, a set of weighted balls, water cooler andI believe a bike... the key is everything worked as they should.
The game room.... well, I guess it's better than not having one.. but it's tiny and it's not exciting.. there is an air hockey game and 2 or 3 video games ( and a coin machine )... the game that I would have wanted to play ( a shooter ) was broken... I didn't bother spending time in there and honestly I doubt most other people will either.

The beds were very good... the hot water was hot... on a whim my wife checked to see if there was coffee in the dispenser at night and there was.. I don't know if they keep it filled for quests who might wander down, if it was for workers or if it was just forgotten about and left out accidentally.. but it tasted good, so I couldn't care less... it was an unexpected bonus and I count it as a plus at this hotel.

The room itself was terrific... again a pretty standard room, but I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it and believe me, I was looking.

The breakfast was a little bit of a let down... maybe because the Holiday inn Express we had spent the prior 2 nights in was stellar... It was clean and the room is comfortable, but the person working it didn't seem to interact with any of the guests at all... maybe it isn't neccessary and maybe he normally does but he was alone this particular morning ( and when push comes to shove nothing ran out and that is a bigger concern than anything else ) but again I'm comparing it to a sister hotel of the same chain in which the people working at the breakfast were extremely personable and friendly and maybe my expectations were too high.
The pancake machine ( which had jammed up repeatedly at the prior hotel ) was simply tagged as out of order.. I really think they need to rethink the usage of these things because they seem more work than reward.
I think most people were very happy with the breakfast, including myself.

The Cablevision box annoyed the hell out of me... the menus took forever to switch. I really don't blame the hotel, I don't know what other options are available to them at that location... but this is typical of Cablevision in my experience... i wasn't happy... but then I'm not there to watch TV so it wasn't worth complaining to management about the lousy tv signal and wonky programming.

It's a place I would recommend to any of my friends and I would certainly stay at again if I was in the area. We all slept well.. the room was quiet and the checkout was nearly instantaneous.. I don't think it took longer then 20 seconds.

Am I happy with the value for the money? Yep.

Room Tip: I would just ask to be off the bottom floor simply because the laundry room and pool are down there...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Troy P,

Wow - thank you for your outstanding review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune! We are absolutely thrilled that you loved everything about your stay with us, and your phenomenal review will be shared with the entire staff. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments and your recommendation to other travelers. Thank you again, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Livingston, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Looking for a clean hotel ( not motel) near the Jersey shore, this hotel was just right. Check-in was smooth, front desk staff was friendly, same person handled my reservation.

Room was very modern, comfortable. Fridge in the room, no microwave, but microwave avail in the breakfast area 24 hrs to use. There was a regular chair at the desk but I requested an office chair which they brought right up. I did have to ask for more towels each day - they were brought up to the room right away.

Hotel has indoor pool, small gym, small game room. There is a Wawa right next door for snacks, etc., Dunkin Donuts down the street - make a right out of the lot. Up the road making a left out of the lot there is a Walmart, Walgreens, McDonald's, Ruby Tuesday.....road to the Jersey Shore Outlet Mall.

Complimentary breakfast was nice, Eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereals, cinnamon buns
Beaches are close. The complimentary cookies and fresh basket of apples were also very nice.
I would definitely stay here again.

TIARA and AMANDA were very nice!

Room Tip: Choose a 4th floor room, less noise. Lobby is actually on the 2nd floor, pool, gym, is on the 1st f...
Dear AndreaNJ,

Wow - thank you for your outstanding review! We are thrilled to hear that you completely enjoyed your accommodations, amenities, and our convenient location at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune. We greatly appreciate your wonderful review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We spent two nights here and were disappointed. They did move us to a different room at 3 am, after we spent 4 hours listening to loud people go in and out of the side doors to smoke, but overall the stay wasn't great. Management didn't seem too concerned when we tried to speak to them about problems. The room was nice enough but the location wasn't great for us--it's nearly impossible to turn left out of the parking lot. I absolutely wouldn't stay here on a weekend. The hallway noise would be much worse, given the proximity to the Jersey shore and the types of bars around the hotel. I would try a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the "first" floor (actually the basement)--the floors are tiled instead...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Kristen F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune. We are disappointed to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay, and we would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns. After speaking with the manager, we understand that we were able to move you to another room after we heard you were experiencing some noise in the hallways. We always do our very best to make sure all of our guests have an exceptional stay. We typically receive wonderful comments about our accommodations and staff as you can see from our past reviews. Again, we apologize that you weren't completely satisfied, and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very clean, very comfy beds & pillows, good breakfast, what else can I say, one of the best hotels I ever stayed in, thanks for the extra cookies, easy parking ,about ten minute drive to beaches, friendly staff, nice tv, bathroom really clean

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Joe412,

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay from the accommodations and convenient location to the exceptional staff. We greatly appreciate your comments, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune

Been to Holiday Inn Express Neptune? Share your experiences!