“Ruined our Mother's Day because of their poor planning!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Bar, Sushi
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hibachi Steakhouse and Sushi Restaurant. We serve entertaining meals where dishes are prepared at your table by our hibachi Expert Chefs, serving fine grilled steaks, chicken and seafood delights. Have some sushi and sashimi from our exclusive sushi bars.Enjoy a drink from a wide variety of tropical flavors from our full bar. Great Happy Hour Specials! Great place for families and parties. Satisfy your senses!
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Ruined our Mother's Day because of their poor planning!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We made priority seating reservations for 7:15pm. We were a party of 9. We waited until after 9pm to be seated, while all the children in the party were starving and my own mother (who has diabetes) because quite stressed and ill sitting on the staircase (there is no seating) to wait with the dozens of other people waiting.
We were finally seated, JUST as I was about to LEAVE, and we waited another half hour for anyone to take our order!! At this point, my kids were miserable and misbehaving. We finally did get to eat, but it took 20 minutes to get enough forks and plates on our table, they never brought us our hot towels, and it took forever to get drinks. To top it all off, my sister and I ordered the scallops and they were overcooked and rubbery.
I have been here many times before, and we drive past two other hibachi restaurants to get here, because we have always had good service and good food. But NEVER again will I set foot in this place. POOR management to severely overbook reservations and make people wait hours and hours! By the time we were done, it was 10:30pm and my kids were well past their bedtime. Needless to say, a BAD time was had by all.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Had bad reaction to food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Had the hibachi and did not sit well-I won't be going back. I feel like this place is busy because the next closest hibachi is in Westfield.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Always happy with food. Entertainment is always fun. Wish they offered more discounts. We go at least once a month. Very friendly staff.

Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“It has been many years since I”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have dined here. I don't get to Mountainside often. Just like the past dinner was fabulous. We had the Staten Island Ferry and enjoyed a sushi and sashimi feast over good conversation between old friends. We always sit in the bar area Penny and Mark are great servers.

We enjoyed ourselves so much so, other dinners stopped by our table just to say hello and introduce themselves.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun and Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was our first time at this particular Hibachi location and I have to say that it was very good. We normally had patronized the Gasho of Japan but our location closed down in the last couple years. So...we went in blind. We made a reservation but when our time came, they did not have a table open. Our Chef was entertaining, not as entertaining as some of the surrounding Chefs, but okay...he amused my small children and even got some of the older ones to smile. I had the filet mignon and lobster tail and it was delicous. The food is standard hibachi pricing. I have read somebody wrote that it is overpriced. $35 for filet and lobster tail, plus all the veggie sides, rice and soup...is pretty darn good if you ask me. You pay that for just a steak in some places. It was a special occasion and they treated our guest of honor in a way that was very special. Our drink service was slow, but I noticed our Server was one of like two others for about 10 tables. I would go again and again!

• Visited July 2012