“I would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Fall River, Massachusetts
“I would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff at the desk were very pleasant. On the first day we noticed the tub did not drain. We brought it to the attention at the front desk. It was not fixed by the time we left. Then the toilet chain kept falling off. That also was not fixed.
The breakfast area was very clean. It was staffed by a very, very attentive staff member. The all day available coffee area was always stocked and clean. The pool area and exercise room were also clean.
We did have issues getting on the Internet at times.

• Stayed April 2013
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi TYFR,
Thanks for your comments. I will share them with the entire staff as I always do so that we can improve our product and customer service. Thanks for staying and we hope to see you again.

Todd Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fredericton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staff was very ignorant. Had to switch rooms due to a leaking tub with cracked tiles on the floor. They treated us as if we inconvenienced them. Rude when we went to buy drinks from them. Woke up in the night with a red bug on my pillow, got the kids up at 4am and left. Still haven't had a response from Management after 2 attempts. This was the one and only negative experience with a Marriott we have EVER stayed at and we usually have 20-30 hotel stays per year, and always stay at Marriotts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi,
My staff and I have addressed the both the product and customer service issues that you and your family experienced. We are sorry that this wasn't the type of stay that we normally deliver but we quickly took the appropriate actions. We hope that you guys return in the future, especially after we renovate our guest rooms later this year.
Thanks again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Given its proximity to the indoor water parks, it was perfect for our multi-family trip. Staff were friendly and accommodating. As is typical, free wi-fi, parking and included breakfast helped tremendously. Nice pool enjoyed by the kids. Overall a smaller but well maintained property near to many restaurants and attractions. Beds were comfy and rooms clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thanks, Travelmama212. We are glad that things worked out so well for you and your friends. See you next time and please say hi to me when you come back.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent one night in the Fairfield Inn $& Suites in Mt. Laurel.
We arrived late at night and were greeted by a very friendly woman at check-in - MyKalAnn - who accommodated our needs and even gave us a welcome snack bag. She went the extra mile to make us comfortable.
Ms. Demaris, who set up the very ample breakfast, was also a very accommodating and gracious person who put out additional cereals and kept the supply of the other breakfast foods fresh long after the listed breakfast hours.
Both of these employees were exceptional. As a result we would definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks, Gav. I have printed your comments for all of the employees to see and especially the 2 that you mentioned in your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to mention our hotel and the employees. We all really appreciate it. See you next time.

atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been traveling with my family and decided to stay here based on location.
I haven't seen any reviews before check in. I think this place deserve second chance.
It looks like the property is getting facelift and new decor looks great. My favorite was the panel behind check-in desk that changes colors and fireplace.
My room was very clean and mattresses comfy. Little outdated though.
Overall great experience and value for price paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi FDDenver,
Thanks for giving us a shot and for taking the time to share your experience. We are 95% done in the public areas, such as the lobby and breakfast area both have new carpet and furntiure. The "dated" rooms that you mentioned will be revitalized by this Summer. New carpeting, new furniture and we will splash a little paint around. I hope you see when we are done. Thanks again. Todd Roberts, General Manager.
Southwest Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I just spent one night here and then read the reviews. I think if I had read the reviews before making my reservation, I probably would not have stayed here. But my stay was nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews have been. Maybe there were changes made as a result of the negative reviews. If so, kudos to the GM and staff.

Yes, there is construction going on here. But I must have hit the tail-end of it, because it was not as noticeable, especially with any smells or odors.

My room was clean and quiet. No odors or smells. The bathroom was clean and I had no problem using the shower.

Check-in was quick and the front desk staff was friendly and inviting.

TV was a large screen with HD and plenty of HD channels. The remote was an actual DISH TV remote, so there were a lot more functions in use, such as program guide, than on a normal, regular hotel TV remote.

I did not eat breakfast here as a had to meet a colleague for breakfast nearby. But from what I saw of the breakfast area, it looked clean, and there were plenty of people eating there when I left.

I do not work for Marriott, I know no one at this hotel, and I have no special interest in whether this hotel is successful or not, but I would definitely stay here again. And for those who wrote very negative reviews, I would recommend giving this hotel another chance. If you're disappointed again, then I would say my stay was the exception, rather than the rule.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks for the compliments. We are still going through renovations to the public spaces of the hotel. We are trying to work on small sections of the hotel at a time with as little or no guest impact as possible. We are trying to keep guests away from these areas as much as we can. In the near future the focus of our work will be in the guest rooms, but again, our goal will be to keep guests away from the small sections that are being renovated. Im glad that it worked out well for you, however, the staff in our Breakfast Room are some of the best in the nation. Please try to visit them next time you are here. Thanks.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

First off the hotel is under construction, but that does not excuse the lack of cleanliness. Everything was filthy, and not just from construction dust. The breakfast room was covered in dust, the waffle iron was dirty and rusty. The first room I was in had a dirty snickers wrapper in a draw and used containers of milk on the refrigerator. It didn't have a tv remote and when the floor man came up to sink the tv I sat on the bed and the back of the bed by the headboard completely came off the ground in front of him. He said that's not supposed to happen and told me that I was switching rooms. He was apologetic and even moved all of my stuff because I had so much stuff with the baby. So overall terrible with a mice staff. Good thing the rest of my trip was great.

• Stayed December 2012
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for your comments. Sorry you found us to be dusty and our TV was not as user friendly as it should be. As of last month, I took over as the General Manager. I have and will continue to make additions to the staff to improve service. Our public space renovations are 99 percent complete so all of the dust is gone. We will renovate our guest rooms within the next few months. Perhaps if your travels bring you this way again, you can give us another try once our makeover is totally complete.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel? Share your experiences!