“"Very Pleased Good Stay"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Diemer Drive, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“"Very Pleased Good Stay"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I planned a small timeout work break and needed sum quiet downtime I picked Extended Stay Deluxe to try I had stayed at Extended Stay before(reg not deluxe) so tried sumthing new and was pleased with the check in ladies on 8/31/12 they got me checked in fast my room was great,coffee,bagels muffins and fresh fruit started my morning and the only thing lacking was the pillows wasnt fluffy:)all n all my stay was great and plan 2stay there again and THANKS!!!:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
La Porte, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Your opinion of this hotel will probably depend on the reason for your stay and how much time you spend in the room. It is not luxurious, but it is by no means a fleabag hotel. You've probably seen the other reviews that mention the condition of the carpet - and they are accurate. When I visited in July, 2012, the lobby carpet was soiled as was the carpet leading to the elevator. However, my room was immaculate.

As a former hotel general manager, my impression is based on a few things immediately: the cleanliness of the bathroom, the areas that some housekeepers skimp on (not usually their fault as their time is limited) such as tops of cabinets, the phone, under beds, etc.

All of these areas were clean and obviously freshly vacuumed and polished. The room was large - with a kitchenette including range, refrigerator, microwave, etc. and a sink. Plates, cutlery, kitchen towels and glasses were provided.

The bed was not terribly comfortable but adequate. The pillows, however, were awful. Paper thin. I requested more but during my stay, the hotel was sold out most of the time and I was told that extras were not available. I found that hard to believe as it is an item that hotels have to keep on hand in event of theft, etc. But, I survived with the skimpy pillow that was about the same as not having one at all.

My area of the hotel was quiet, and only occasionally did I hear other guests.

The hotel is convenient to the turnpike and 295 and is just minutes from restaurants (by the way, avoid Azteca! Go to Don Pablos or another restaurant if Mexican is your choice), shopping, fuel, convenience stores, fast food, and pharmacies. Since it is situated off the main highway, it is quieter than some of the properties that are located right on the road. All in all, I would visit this property again and BEG for additional pillows or better still, bring my own from home.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, I would suggest a first floor room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. I am happy to hear that overall we were able to do this; however, I appreciate the feedback about areas we can still improve on.

Please know, your comfort is very important to us. We have chosen pillows that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. As well, I am looking into your remarks about the cleanliness of the property and will be sure to review our standards with the staff.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. We look forward to showing you our redoubled efforts.
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've stay at this hotel numerous times and was quite pleased with the accomodations except for the one time i booked a smoking room of which i always do and my last visit i didnt get one .I had to go outside to smoke and it was raining not pleased with that at all . I found the room to be very clean and comfortable will stay again planning to stay Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Hermitage, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We recently booked a suite for two nights, May 25/26, 2012 and arrived on Friday at 4:00 pm. We had stayed at this location about a year ago and it was satisfactory. Upon this arrival, we noticed that the lobby carpeting was grimey, soiled and stained. The hallway carpeting was no better. The room we were given on the first floor was equally disgusting; it smelled, the carpeting was gross, and the sleeper sofa fabric looked as though if you would sit on it, you could slide off without any resistance--grimey and greasy looking.
The desk clerk gave us a key to a room on the 2nd floor for a possible exchange, and it was no better. We drove a few blocks to Crawford Place and Candlewood Suites; booked a room there for the same two nights. It is very clean and very well cared for.
We returned to Extended Stay Deluxe and requested a credit to my AMEX card, which was processed by the manager-on-duty. She apologized for our displeasure of her hotel.
I have read several recent reviews of this hotel and they were good; I guess these people have low expectations for hotels in general or they are used to staying in disgusting places!
If you have any scrupples at all, do not stay here; there are several other extended stay hotels in Mount Laurel that are far better than this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Bill,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

hotel room was fine, but breakfast was less than continental, disappointing, would look for another hotel, that perhaps offers a breakfast

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I regret that we did not make our offering more clear to you from the beginning.

Let me assure you that we are committed to your total satisfaction, and I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Medford Lakes, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Let me begin by saying if you're looking for a luxurious visit to New Jersey, this is not what you're looking for. This hotel is perfect for someone passing through, someone who needs a hotel for business, or someone looking for a cheap hotel close to Cherry Hill and Philadelphia. The positives: location, price, convenience, comfort, cleanliness, friendly staff, the windows open, has a dvd player, shampoo and conditioner wasn't stocked but you could request complimentary shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, razor, shaving cream, comb, etc. The negatives: a bit outdated (still uses an old style comforter and blanket on the bed), the tv remote didn't work, no flat screen (still had a boxy tube), the walls were thin (I couldn't hear people in rooms next to me, but when they shut their door I thought someone was shutting my door, and I could hear cars leaving the parking lot at 5am). Hearing cars leaving the parking lot wasn't enough to wake me up, but if I was awake trying to fall back asleep, I was aware of it. Overall, none of the negatives were enough of a reason for me not to go back or not to recommend it, but the hotel could use some updating. If it was updated, I would give it 5/5. It was very comfortable and close to restaurants, bars, movies, malls, stores, and anything else you could want. For the price, you can't beat it. Use promo code ESH10 for an extra $10 off. And booking the day off should give you a lower price also.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are better. Check out the parking lot and try to get a room where fewer cars...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I am also grateful for your other positive comments; however, I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I have looked into the negative points you outlined, and will use your feedback to help make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is convenient to being off the New Jersey Turnpike.
I was in town to see the Mets play the Phillies - which is a 20 minute ride to the hotel (Mets won!)
It was clean and neat - the bed was very comfortable but the pillows sucked.
The fire alarm went off at 3am in the morning and I ran outside - only to wait 45 minutes for the fire department to come and shut it off.
Of course this kind of thing happens, but it would have been nice if the hotel had put a sign on the door apologizing for the inconvenience or the desk attendent say something.
I would stay again for a night if I was going to a game again - it was cheap - $60 better than Philly hotel prices for sure.
It was supposed to have free continental breakfast - I checked out at 8:30am NOTHING - no even coffee was put out.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

We are very sorry that the fire alarm went off, but of course are dedicated to the safety of all guests and glad that it was resolved and everyone was safe.

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place

Address: 500 Diemer Drive, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Location: United States > New Jersey > Mount Laurel
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mount Laurel Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.