“Great Place for a Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
East Windsor, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Due to Hurricane Sandy my husband and I have been without power since Monday (10/29). As a result we have been using different hotels. On October 31 we checked into the Wyndham Mt. Laurel. The reservationist claimed we received the last room available. As you approach the building you notice it looks very dated from the outside. I thought perhaps the inside had been renovated with a more 21st century look. We walked in and sadly it looked like the 1970’s, early 80’s became stuck here. It seemed as if every area of the hotel had a yellowish brown tint as if you were wearing tinted sunglasses indoors. Well we needed a room so as long as the room was clean I was fine (relatively) for just one night. We take the elevator to the 5th floor and as soon as the doors open you notice the carpet was very dated and something powdery had spilled yet, no one cleaned the area. The cleaning crew was still cleaning rooms but never cleaned the spill (It remained when I checked out the next morning). We go to room 510 and open the door. What is that smell? Did someone not flush the toilet after they used it? No. It turned out that that smell was our room! I quickly went to the window and thankfully it opened. So despite being cold outside I left it open to try to get some of the smell out. I also had brought an air freshener with me and sprayed every inch of that room as well as the curtains. I continued to inspect the blast from the past 70’s room. There were a few stains on the carpet and the smell was concentrated towards the area of the room with the nightstand and the headboards. Thankfully the duvets appeared clean. However, I was so turned off from being in that room that I slept in the fetal position across the foot of the bed on top of the duvet and used my coat as a blanket. I left the window cracked all night due to the smell. Before my husband left to go to work that night we went downstairs. As we came back up on the elevator the doors opened onto the second floor. The carpet in the hallway on that floor was extremely filthy and buckled. I thought this place is really nasty. You had to check out before 11 AM but I ran out of there by 7:40 AM. I forgot to mention that you know a hotel is dated when you go to the menu on the TV, notice they have video games available, but they were games for the Nintendo 64!!!! The 90’s called and they want their games back.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 510! In fact just do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WyndhamMtLaurel, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the staff and management here at the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel Hotel, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you and your husband experienced at our hotel.

We were very dismayed to read your comments regarding your stay and apologize for any inconvenience that you may have suffered. Our guest rooms were completely renovated in late 2009, so I do apologize that our rooms were not your satisfaction.

Again please accept my apologies and be assured that all of your comments have been addressed with all of the appropriate department managers. Thank you and we hope you will give our hotel another chance in the future.

The Management & Staff of the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel
HAWLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

evryone was great the front dest was very helpful,we had a great time at the bar, i belive her name was dawn was very frendly and very nice thanks for a great time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamMtLaurel, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel and staff. We continually strive to offer our guests a unique service experience while staying with us. Again, thank you so much, and I hope that you will be staying with us again if your travels bring you through.

The Management & Staff of the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel? Share your experiences!